Mike Brown, Pluto Killer...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
is on 60 Minutes tonight with news of the discovery of a new giant planet. He's from HSV and certainly does look like his mom, Barbara Stagg...

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Saw something about on the science channel the other day. They believe it's 10 time larger then Earth and is 100 billion miles away. Not exactly in the same neighborhood.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
My thing with that distance can it even be called in the orbit of our sun. I'm no scientist but it being in a eccentric orbit could it be influence by another large body in space? I know I should not even question it with my limited knowledge but I am human.:)

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I've heard of this before. It is truly fascinating. I hope Planet X is found. It could very well be a rogue planet that is not orbiting our Sun.

If this pans out, Mike Brown would be truly remarkable. He would discredit (rightfully) a planet and find a bigger and better replacement for it. I really hope he is right.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That wasn't abundantly clear in the original post. I thought she was someone "famous" as well...so I googled her. LOL!

So if you ever need a lawyer in San Francisco...Barbara Stagg is there. ;)
What on earth do you want me to say other than "his mom?" When horses come galloping near, do you start looking for zebras? What did you want me to say to make it clearer? :D

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've heard of this before. It is truly fascinating. I hope Planet X is found. It could very well be a rogue planet that is not orbiting our Sun.

If this pans out, Mike Brown would be truly remarkable. He would discredit (rightfully) a planet and find a bigger and better replacement for it. I really hope he is right.
I don't think Ortiz will be able to try to steal this one from him. I think he's learned a bit about how cutthroat big time science can be... :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.