Thomas wins SBS Tournament of Champions on the Plantation course over Matsuyama

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
What seemed like an easy stroll to victory quickly became anything but that for Justin Thomas at the SBS Tournament of Champions. But here's how things ended up at Kapalua, where Thomas held on for his third career victory:
Leaderboard: Justin Thomas (-22), Hideki Matsuyama (-19), Jordan Spieth (-16), Pat Perez (-16), Ryan Moore (-16)
What it means: Thomas started the day in the lead, and his advantage ballooned to five shots through 13 holes. But after a sloppy double bogey on No. 15 he led Matsuyama by only a shot before a pivotal, two-shot swing on No. 17. As a result, it's another win for the promising young talent - and his first PGA Tour victory outside of Malaysia. Thomas also remains the only player to have beaten Matsuyama in a Tour event since November.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/thomas-hangs-win-sbs-over-matsuyama

Justin could very well be the newest star on the PGA tour. He has some awesome talent. I see Justin and Jordan Speith anchoring the Ryder Cup and the Presidents Cup for many years to come. :BigA:

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
He appears to have his swing locked in and has confidence in what he is doing. He's off to a great start, and I'm looking forward to watching him this year. I didn't see it, but reading about his shot on 17(?) that went 214 yards with an 8-iron and stopped 3 feet from the hole. Incredible.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.