Who does Bama finish with?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Too early to figure the numbers. Brannon might not be apart of the class, and Dean is taking several visits and giving the impression he's going elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
My bet is the last four will be,

Solomon
Ruggs
Smith
Mathis or Parks

Who do you think?
I feel sure you just forgot to add Ray. He may be our closest to a lock out of the remaining guys.

I Think / Really hope we finish with Ray, Solomon, Parks, Ruggs, and Smith. I would like Mathis as well but I remember someone saying he was leaning LSU

Last edited:

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Yeah my wish list would be similar
Solomon
Ray
Parks
Ruggs
Smith
Mathis or Kinlaw

In my mind this would cement our class as the #1 and fill all our needs for this year.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
Solomon
Ray
Parks
Ruggs
Smith
Mathis or Kinlaw

In my mind this would cement our class as the #1 and fill all our needs for this year.

Ray
Ruggs
Solomon
Parks and/or Smith

Hearing of a surprise commitment, although will be a break even get on paper due to a possible academic casualty.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Solomon
Ray
Parks
Ruggs
Smith
Mathis or Kinlaw

Would be a terrific finish indeed! Not sure we get Mathis or Kinlaw but what do I know? I thought Najee was headed for UM !

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I see where we have one OV this weekend and it is CB Christopher Henderson out of Miami who is a FLA commit. Anybody know of our interest and is he a take?

http://247sports.com/Player/Christopher-Henderson-83912
A good many people on here know more than me about all this stuff, but it is a pretty common belief among many that Dean the JC corner is not going to stay committed to us. Maybe this guy is a possible replacement for him

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
What's happening with Brannon? Greyshirt?
I believe it's similar to Bozeman greyshirting, or being willing too.

A greyshirt is an unofficial term for a student who decides to delay his enrollment for a semester so that he may maintain a year of eligibility, allow the team to bring in its full class, and still be able to be a part of the team in the future.

For instance if he were to greyshirt, he would enroll at alabama in January of 2018 instead of the spring or fall semester of 2017. Then he would also have the option to redshirt if necessary. Essentially, and again unofficially, giving the player 6 years to play 4, if they also redshirt but that's usually rare to do both.

It can make a lot of sense if a player needs a year to develop anyway and would have likely reshirted his freshman year.

Brannon is a solid commit and seems that he'd rather delay his enrollment and play at bama than play immediately elsewhere. No issues with his commitment as far as I know. Really reminds me a lot of Bradley Bozeman's recruitment, both in situation and as a player.

John Parker Wilson may be the most successful greyshirt story I can think of. But I could be missing someone.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
For instance if he were to greyshirt, he would enroll at alabama in January of 2018 instead of the spring or fall semester of 2017. Then he would also have the option to redshirt if necessary. Essentially, and again unofficially, giving the player 6 years to play 4, if they also redshirt but that's usually rare to do both.
Sounds like a great way to get your master's degree paid for also. Nice post!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.