Game Thread: Official PreGame Thread - Bama vs. Clemson, Round Two...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Mack Brown just dropped a literal "If Colt hadn't gotten hurt" on the pregame show. The excuses never cease. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And you knew it was coming. As soon as they said "09" his hands went up and he was "But, but, but our starting QB got hurt and that makes a difference." There is NO effective salve in the world that can soothe that man's butt hurt!

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I really think we're gonna see a new wrinkle or two tonight. Kinda like that onside kick last year. No idea what it will be, but I think there will be a couple.

We should win this game. Don't know if we will, but I'm yelling Roll Tide as loud as I can! :D

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I think our Defense is going to STUFF'em!
Me too. I think this game will be reminiscent of the 1993 Sugar Bowl. Watson and Williams are going to get the Torretta/Lamar Thomas treatment. They won't know what hit them and at the end their heads will be slumped with towels over their faces!!

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
You can't be serious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Dead serious. The host had a panel of Brown, Vilma, and Tebow. He mentioned that all had been in 2 championships in their career, but he threw in that Tebow was the only one to win both. Brown immediately got defensive said something to the effect of; "Well neither of these guys ever had their star quarterback go down on the 5th play of the game, and that changed everything." He acted like he was trying to kid, but it was pretty telling that he knew on the spot the exact play of the game that it happened.

Kind of sad to see a generational coach like brown basically become a bitter old man clinging to a version of the past that he wants to believe.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
They just had Malzhan on to get take from guy who lost to both teams; that was insightful. NOT!!
O.K. ; now we know what not to do

Last edited:
Dead serious. The host had a panel of Brown, Vilma, and Tebow. He mentioned that all had been in 2 championships in their career, but he threw in that Tebow was the only one to win both. Brown immediately got defensive and semi-jokingly said something to the effect of; "Well neither of these guys ever had their star quarterback go down on the 5th play of the game, and that changed everything."

Kind of sad to see a generational coach like brown basically become a bitter old man clinging to a version of the past that he wants to believe.

Well, I think it's about time he get over it. It's like saying what if Mark Barron hadn't gotten hurt again Auburn. You press on and get better. Just sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.