Game Thread: Official Post Game Thread - Bama vs. Clemson, Round Two...

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Watson flat out calling it a pick in postgame. Clemson played great but we got hosed multiple times.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Great game by both teams. Very tough loss with the 2 picks. However, I don't think we could have won in OT. The catch by Leggett won the game.

I'm very proud of our team. Congrats Clemson. We'll be back.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Great game to Clemson. Not too sure about those pick plays though. And our offense was almost a liability. Can't go 3&out every single drive of TE second half almost and expect to win. Oh well, next year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Watson played a great game. Let's not blame the refs.

Thank you, Jalen for a great season. Let's get ready for FSU.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Come on guys. Let it go. We did not lose on the last play. We lost on them driving 70 yards with 2 min to win.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
When Bo went down, it changed everything. Can take anything away from Clemson, they beat us. However...Roll Tide, see you guys next year so we can get after it again

"Roll Tide"

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The strategy all during Saban's tenure has been one of trying to establish the LOS on offense and control the clock. This was as bad a job of that as I've seen during his time here. There was no way any SANE person would give #4 2 full minutes while he had literally been SHREDDING the defense. I can't explain it other than to say even the greatest have bad nights and it happened to Bama's staff tonight.

Not sure if Sark is the answer or if CNS needs to reestablish his own guiding principles, but that was an easily winnable game.

Congrats to Clemson because Dabo and company out coached the best tonight IMHO.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
2 big mistakes in the offensive gameplan. 1. Waited too late to get aggressive. 2. Should have slowed the tempo in 2nd half.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Great game to Clemson. Not too sure about those pick plays though. And our offense was almost a liability. Can't go 3&out every single drive of TE second half almost and expect to win. Oh well, next year...

They happened. If the offense could have hit a few more plays or if a couple of passes had not been dropped etc blah blah. Look at the stats. If not for 2 fumbles, we would have been run out of the place.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Saw that ending coming the entire second half. Very, very proud of this team and what they accomplished this year. RTR!
I did to, kept waiting for a sustained drive that had to happen and it really came too late. I think my wife is more upset than I am, the steady chipping away that Clemson's offense was doing could have only been stopped by sustained Alabama drives. Easy to forget though, that Alabama had multiple true freshman out there on offense, and a play caller who took over the job about a week ago.

The crazy part, the part that's sticking with me is the ending. Not just another pick play, but it was slow developing. He made the catch with about 2 seconds to go. Without the dubious part of the play occurring, seems like that clock could have run out before the ball hit the ground. We'll never know though, the pick play is the new illegal man downfield I guess...

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
One good thing post game...we ain't Auburn! Great season and the guys deserve our praise and respect. Clemson - enjoy this one. No excuses from me.

edhaints

Dec 2, 2016
Our DBs should have jammed, tackled, and held every receiver on the last TD play to force the FG

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.