Game Thread: Official Post Game Thread - Bama vs. Clemson, Round Two...

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Three things stand out:
1) awful on 3rd down conversion
2) they doubled us on 1st downs (and thus time of possession)
3) you gotta be kidding me on the penalty differential.

Crimson1967;2968864[IMG said:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170110/83ca99e462b17eaec8278bcf19630f8b.png[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I have a lot to say.

First, thank you to the team for a great season.

I dread the media onslaught

Congrats to Clemson, with a caveat. You outplayed us, but some of your stuff was bush league. That's my opinion, by the way. Others here may not share it.

The difference in QB play was too much to overcome but I think if Coach had fired Lane after the Florida game, we may could have overcome it. Or if Lane had been able to maintain proper focus on the team.

Watson is legit. We beat the hell out of him and he still owned the game.

I still think this was Coach Saban's best defense, but so many three and outs by our offense was too much to overcome.

I don't want Dabo anywhere near Tuscaloosa. I hope he stays right where he's at. That's not sour grapes.

Finally, I HATE this game being on a weeknight. With a three year old and a three month old, I'm going to be miserable tomorrow.

Roll Tide forever! Keep your chins up. We'll be back.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I'm not that mad. As much as people crap on Hurts he marched the team down the field, ran for a TD to give the team the lead with 2:00 to go and set the Bama record for most TDs in a season.

Clemson will lose everything on O.

Bama is probably preseason #1.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Come on guys. Let it go. We did not lose on the last play. We lost on them driving 70 yards with 2 min to win.
Actually we lost due to our ineptitude on offense. Same problem for the last few games. Our defense played a hell of a game.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The defense did all it could. We missed EJ and SDH sooooooooooooooooo bad for this game. When Bo went out I had a feeling it was a gut shot to our side and like the clouds parted for Clemson.

I give them TOTAL credit for taking advantage of the opportunities because they exploited them perfectly.

#4 is just a damn baller for reals. Mad props and I hope one of my pro teams gets him because he seems like a class act. Happy for him for sure.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
We missed opportunities. There were 2 Clemson turnovers but I think we only got 3 points off of those turnovers. Clemson played a good game. Watson should have won the Heisman.

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Ridiculous. DB and QB recruiting has been top notch. Jalen hit a wall passing that he wasn't able to overcome. He will have to or be replaced next year. We can't expect our defense to score like they did this year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I am referring to Bateman, Cornwell, and Barnette. There is no way a true freshman should be starting in D1.

jdua

Scout Team
Nov 19, 2006
I'm glad we won the SEC, of course, but that was not national championship football. The deficiencies we have are real. Clemson deserved to beat us by almost any metric you care to use and the nation seemingly rejoices in us losing. It is still Alabama and I'm sure they tried their best. We will be good next year and as long as Coach Saban is with us.......

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
Overall, another great Bama season. Year after year, I will gladly take playing in the NCG and I am very confident we will win our share of them. Clemson is a great team and I believe we were fortunate to beat them last year. But, it all caught up with us this year. Congrats to Clemson. We will reload and go for the big prize again next year.
Roll Tide.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
The inability to be able to pass the ball is what got us. Defense stayed on the field too long.
Which is why I'm flabbergasted we kept going uptempo on offense all night. Played right into their hands. I knew Malzahn on the sidelines pregame was a bad omen.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
"We didn't lose, we ran out of time." ;)

"If only Bo hadn't got hurt..." ;)

Sometimes you got to just laugh and keep fighting!

Roll Tide

Thanks for a great year!

Good luck to our seniors in your life journey and thx for all you given to the Capstone!

Good luck to all the guys who enter the draft. We'll always root for or Crimson Champions.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Like so many others have said congratulations to Clemson that was a heck of a game. We simply got out played in the second half. For all the haters that think this is the end for Bama I would not bet the house on it.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
f we played them again I would not be able to call us favorites.
If Alabama magically got healthy and played them again I would call them favorites. I think three big things had a heavy impact on the outcome of that game (not counting regular season injuries).

A: Sark calling his first game. You couldn't expect there to be no issues at all, and when there were a few mistakes you had to wonder if that played any role at all.
B: Jalen Hurts is still a true freshman. He's constantly learning, but he was in over his head sometimes. I take his ability to learn over Clemson's ability to adjust though.
C: Bo's injury. Not trying to do a Colt thing, because I'd put this as C on the list (and I'm not even talking about officiating), but that took the one working offensive weapon out of the game. You take Mike Williams out at the end of that game, no way Clemson wins and on the other hand I think stopping Alabama with Bo was a lot more difficult.

So, Clemson is a great team, but I really feel like Alabama was dealing with more adversity. Unfortunately some people want to ignore that and just pretend Alabama somehow just did terrible. That's not it at all, anyone who thought a guy calling his first game at Alabama, with a true freshman QB, against a top 10 defense wasn't going to have issues... is just really not very realistic.

Ok, ok, I'm going to do D. I have to.
D: Alabama had 9 penalties for 82 yards. Clemson had 3 penalties for 35 yards. There's no way anyone could watch that game and make a legitimate claim that Clemson only had 3 penalties, this has happened all year though... so yeah you play the game over and this happens again most likely.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.