Game Thread: Official Post Game Thread - Bama vs. Clemson, Round Two...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Two pick 6s by the offense (instead of the defense) equals two touchdowns. It is what it is. Clemson still did what they needed to do to put themselves in a position to win the game at the end so they deserve it. Good game.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
I just do not feel bad about anything we did with the tools we had. We'll be back. :BigA::BigA:
I agree. If you had told me we would be up in the National Championship at 2:00 minute mark with an 18 year old first year QB and starting HB out... It was a great year and probably one of the best games I have ever watched. Just wish it had a different outcome.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Here's the thing. This year the defense was awesome. We decided to see how far we could ride a freshman QB and we found that ceiling tonight. Our defense played a great game, but our inability to score on offense is what cost us the game. Hopefully it get better next year, but congrats to Clemson.
Y'all I hate to say this but Clemson scored 35 points and only once with a short field. Offense contributed to that but not being able to sustain drives, but that has been true all year and frankly is to be expected with a true freshman QB and then our top RB getting injured. That said the offense put up 31 points, twice thanks to the defense and turnovers but still 31 points. If you sad that before the game, most people would predict us to win. Part of the game.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Legit question:

Do you think that only ONE holding would have been called if this were a crew from outside the BIG 12?

What about hands to the face? Not ONE call.

I was seeing a bunch. The lack of pass rushers out there has to effect and influence what types of calls they make. They love PI. That's for sure.

As bad as we gripe about SEC officials I have to say BOTH picks would have been flagged. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Would love to think we're better than Pitt and NC St. guess not. We have got to get better QB play. I don't give a crap what anyone says. Tua will start next year.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I am sure we all have a list of complaints. I don't think now is the best time to list them. We have a phenomenal defense, the best Head Coach, and fantastic prospects for future success.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
I've said it for five years and gotten butchered. Coach Saban needs to STOP coaching the secondary.
He's not good. I'll leave it at that.
I repect you. But think you have bumped your head. I have talked to 2 different NFL DC and one DB coach in the last 3 years and asked about our DBs especially corners. They all 3 said to a man that Bamas DB are taught more technique and form than any other college. They did say our guys probably have too much put on them in the terms of schemes and responsibilities. But they know how to play in phase which many DBs dont. Sometimes I think we get them thinking too much rather than just go play but we are talking about a man who has won 5 Titles coaching them up.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I agree. If you had told me we would be up in the National Championship at 2:00 minute mark with an 18 year old first year QB and starting HB out... It was a great year and probably one of the best games I have ever watched. Just wish it had a different outcome.
Yup. Don't forget starting Safety and LB too.

I still think CNS and Sark could've helped Jalen. He can't dictate strategy yet. He's too inexperienced. AJ or Coker would've torched this Clemson squad.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Had the penalty been called they are attempting a FG to put the game into OT. We flat out got robbed.
The lopsided calls happened in the Washington game to, but it wasn't close enough to matter. They've happened all year as a matter of fact, for some reasons the refs just won't call even games against Alabama. I can forgive the one pick call, I mean it was a bad call, but they make mistakes. But Saban let them know, they knew what to look for, and there it is again, egregious, and they just pretended it didn't happen. So yes, while I actually think Alabama still loses in overtime (worn out defense, disadvantage at the kicker position), there's no way I can pretend the refs treated Alabama fairly this season. They didn't, and the stats this year and that game back it up.

I don't think it's really necessary to point fingers in the loss though. I mean, it's kind of miraculous Alabama made it this far with a true freshman QB and some of the adversity they faced. I'm content with accepting that this team really exceeded what they should have been capable of. But, if one must point fingers, if one must assign blame, and not just say hey first time player caller, three true freshman in on offense at key points, key injuries on defense etc... if someone isn't willing to turn to those things, you'd think they'd start with the fact that not only did Clemson get away with two pick plays on two TDs, but they got like 50 less penalty yards than Alabama.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don't know if it makes a difference, but I wish Saban had gotten rid of Kiffin after the Florida game.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
OTE]

Why we absolutely have to play man to man defense has always amazed me. Forget the pick play.
Covering future first round draft pick Mike Williams man to man with two minutes to go in the game, knowing they have to go to him,(Which they did) is stupid.
It's totally stupid.
You'd rather go split safeties and let Watson run for all the first downs instead? Its not as simple as you make it out to be.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Y'all I hate to say this but Clemson scored 35 points and only once with a short field. Offense contributed to that but not being able to sustain drives, but that has been true all year and frankly is to be expected with a true freshman QB and then our top RB getting injured. That said the offense put up 31 points, twice thanks to the defense and turnovers but still 31 points. If you sad that before the game, most people would predict us to win. Part of the game.
#1 you need to learn to spell
#2 this makes no sense
#3 what point are you trying to make?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I hate losing, and I know our guys are upset, but you know what. The sun will rise tomorrow and the Son still reigns. There are more important things in life than football. I had to remind my mother tonight that it's just a game. That being said, we will be back. :cool:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Our Boy's never gave up & literally fought to the last second of the game trying to bring home the NC Trophy, they came up a couple plays short, I couldn't be more proud of them even in loss than as I am of them right now..

Thank You for our SEC Championship Season & have no doubt we will be right back in the playoff's this time next season playing for the NC yet again..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.