Depression Board - what hurts most about this loss

pbearbryant

Scout Team
Nov 2, 2007
Yes we had our chances and it didn't help for Bo to break his leg. The 2 calls I had issues with was the personal foul on the last drive that put them well into fg range( especially since both players were pushing on each otheroom and the last pass interference call

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
^^^ This. Our "fans" tend to think we can't lose to a team that might actually be better than us. Don't come on here and agree that we were cheated by the refs, and that's the ONLY reason we lost, one gets called a troll.

It's just lame.
So if we play a good back and forth slobber knocker, it's ok if the refs fail to do their jobs at the end of the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
^^^ This. Our "fans" tend to think we can't lose to a team that might actually be better than us. Don't come on here and agree that we were cheated by the refs, and that's the ONLY reason we lost, one gets called a troll.

It's just lame.
4 posts, only thread posted in, no positive comments...

Callmeafan

Jan 10, 2017
I just do not agree that the refs cost us the game is all and I'll not get on that bandwagon. We had no offense and could not convert on third downs and our defense just wore out. We should be back next year and I look forward to that. Roll Tide

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
2-15 on 3rd down. maybe 2-3 drives over 2 minutes or something like that the entire game.. thats hard for any team to overcome.

I just do not agree that the refs cost us the game is all and I'll not get on that bandwagon. We had no offense and could not convert on third downs and our defense just wore out. We should be back next year and I look forward to that. Roll Tide

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Lucky you. No one is asking you to join a bandwagon.

No one is saying the officials are the sole reason Alabama lost. Some are just pointing out two of Clemson's TDs were questionable no-calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
This game reminds me so much of the ohio state loss a few years back. Good early lead but a totally different ball game in the 2nd half. Give them credit for making adjustments.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
This game reminds me so much of the ohio state loss a few years back. Good early lead but a totally different ball game in the 2nd half. Give them credit for making adjustments.
Yep. Both games we went away from running the ball in the 2nd half. I think I read that in the 2nd half vs Clemson we had the least amount of designed run plays since CNS has been here. Something like 8 running plays in the 2nd half. Just mind boggling considering we were playing a team that likes to use tempo on offense..

MajorFan42

Jan 14, 2017
I've been a lurker for awhile but this loss prompted me to join. I think it came down to 7 guys playing 98 or more snaps. Defense requires energy, no one can play with energy after 98 plays. So close but yet so far.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.