Depression Board - what hurts most about this loss

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I hope Sarkasian and his booger munching habits are no longer part of this university after the game. That was nothing but pure embarrassment on the offensive side.
There are a whole lot of things that this guy has done wrong in his life, but this isn't fair. If you blame Sark, then you have to blame Coach Saban for letting two wolves into his hen house. Either trust Coach or don't, but that wasn't Sark's fault last night. That was strictly a situation where we had no good options at QB to run the pro style offense we love. This was supposed to be the rebuilding year....we did pretty darn well.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Football is a game and not worth being depressed about. Those who would be a jerk about Bama losing says more about them than anything. I can take some "ribbing" about the game cause goodness knows I've dished it out, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

#1sabanite

3rd Team
Sep 14, 2008
I hope Sarkasian and his booger munching habits are no longer part of this university after the game. That was nothing but pure embarrassment on the offensive side.
Sorry but I have to disagree, not that im sold on Sark being the right guy but judging someone by having a week to interact with the players and come up with a game plan and on top of that knowing that we have struggled at times on 3rd down all season, especially 3rd and long

Personally I think we were very fortunate to have made as far as we did for a 3rd straight year with a first year QB, who at 18 yo played way over his head and with more composure that most of us have and we are not on the field getting chased and harassed

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
That was strictly a situation where we had no good options at QB to run the pro style offense we love. This was supposed to be the rebuilding year....we did pretty darn well.
Makes me wonder about the future. Our pro style QB's have all transferred and we're left with two great dual threat guys. What's our offensive identity?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i for one am willing to give him an actual season before making any judgements on his abilities as an o coordinator.

i think a big part of our problem was that we didn't really make any 2nd half adjustments on o.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
1. Why is it all our dual threat QB's turn out to be runners who can't pass consistently? We have a couple and for some reason they forget how to pass when they put on the Crimson.

2. False start. I have decided we practice that, how else could be so good at it?

Our team played hard and I am proud of them but I can't say the same for every coach involved with the Offense. Who coaches our O Line? Maybe he needs replaced.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The disappearance of offensive pass interference and the uncatchable ball penalties. That's what hurts the most about this loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
What hurts the most? The 2013 class should have won at least 3 NCs but only ended up with one.

This end result simply isn't fair. We were the best team all year and our offense sputtered down the stretch but we still deserved to win. The inconsistency in the officials allowed Clemson to score twice and it's simply not fair...

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
1. Why is it all our dual threat QB's turn out to be runners who can't pass consistently? We have a couple and for some reason they forget how to pass when they put on the Crimson.

2. False start. I have decided we practice that, how else could be so good at it?

Our team played hard and I am proud of them but I can't say the same for every coach involved with the Offense. Who coaches our O Line? Maybe he needs replaced.
Good post. As to #1, we had a spring practice, a Fall practice, and an entire season to work with Jalen. Hard to believe that in all those snaps, our coaching staff with all their resources (with all the talent surrounding him) could not develop Jalen into at least a serviceable passer downfield. (I know, 18 yrs old, playing high school ball last yr at this time, a lot to learn, etc). I have no inside info here but it seems like somewhere our staff could have done a better job developing Jalen (some serious evaluating needs to be done here, or does Jalen have what it takes to be a good passer). Our passing game will have to improve a lot if we want to get back to the mountaintop. (By the way Watson is a dual threat QB and he's a pretty good passer).

2. I have been awakened many nights from a deep sleep fretting over false starts. Seems like everytime we get the ball 1st and 10 on the 5 yd line, almost like it was scripted, we get a false start.

I too am proud of our team. Roll Tide Roll

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

One thing about it, any team in the nation would have loved to have the chance and be in Bama's shoes. Hey! We made it to the final dance, we came up a little short in the end but any team other than Clemson would have traded places with us in a heart beat.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
You could tell Saban turned pale white in the third quarter, as he knew what the situation was. He wasn't scared, just didn't feel comfortable with where things were. I'm not sure I've ever seen him turn that pale along with in a game for quite some time, if ever.
You might want to try adjusting the tint on your tv.

I wonder if Kiffin was pulling for us while watching the game. I'd like to think he was, and would not get any satisfaction from seeing us lose the first game we play without him.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
What hurts the most? The 2013 class should have won at least 3 NCs but only ended up with one.

This end result simply isn't fair. We were the best team all year and our offense sputtered down the stretch but we still deserved to win. The inconsistency in the officials allowed Clemson to score twice and it's simply not fair...
We didn't deserve anything. Clemson out played us and deserved everything they got. We shouldn't have put ourselves in the position to lose if we were that much better than Clemson. We won with class, now lets show class in losing. We got beat regardless of the two picks for touchdowns. Quit whining.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
We didn't deserve anything. Clemson out played us and deserved everything they got. We shouldn't have put ourselves in the position to lose if we were that much better than Clemson. We won with class, now lets show class in losing. We got beat regardless of the two picks for touchdowns. Quit whining.
It's not whining, it's frustration. It's 95 sacks and very few holding calls. It's breathe on the receiver on an underthrown ball and get defensive pass interference while the receivers drive block defenders into the end zone on two plays that possibly cost us another national title. These aren't fluke injury plays, these are blatant noncalls by pass happy conference officials. Cost us this year, nearly cost us last year. It's the end of defense in college football and it makes me sad.

pbearbryant

Scout Team
Nov 2, 2007
We had our chances. Didn't like some of the pass interference calls especially the last one, but we had several opportunities to put the game away and didn't Roll Tide Roll

Maybe this will give us an edge leading into the off season so we can open with a huge win verse FSU. I am getting hounded by Noles fans this morning you would have thought they won

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
We lost, and no it's not the refs fault.
Good grief. What hurts most? Guys on our defense deserve a much better send off than last night. I don't care how good they are,
99 plays to our 66 is what cost us the game.
Until Jalen is allowed to to make mistakes he will never improve.

RTR.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.