Depression Board - what hurts most about this loss

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
If the refs were a little more equal, and Hurts could read receivers other than his first option a little better, we could have been in much shape.

What do you feel would have made for a better outcome?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The defense getting exposed hurts most. I really thought they were the goat.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
But don't you feel if we could have driven the ball more on offense, the defense would have held up better, the D was on the field an awful long time.

Don't even get me started on #2 on our D though. I has great expectations of him out of high school, but he has not become my favorite from the start in Crimson.

Last edited:

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Clemson's receivers made some big time receptions. In a tight big game, that can be all the difference.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I'm proud of our team this year. But our passing game, Bo getting hurt, the refs not calling those pick plays, and our defense being on the field too long all hurt our chances. I really thought we might win after Jalen ran for the td. Of course everyone except Bama fans loved that we lost. Hope Bo's injury isn't serious. I do like Clemson and Dabo but still think we should have won.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Well, that up-tempo offense we ran may have worked out better for Clemson than us. We had some really quick 3 and outs and thus the Clemson offense had more chances to make plays. We missed opportunities off of the 2 Clemson turnovers, especially the one early in the second half where we had the ball at the Clemson 16 and only got 3. We really needed to get 7 there.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
But don't you feel if we could have driven the ball more on offense, the defense would have held up better, the D was on the field an awful long time.

Don't even get me started on #2 on our D though. I has great expectations of him out of high school, but he has not become my favorite from the the start in Crimson.
Not really. How many times did the defense force a 3 and out in the first half? They got tired because they couldn't shut down the Clemson offense all night. The offense didn't help with their poor time of possession, but Clemson ran so many plays because the defense couldn't get off the field.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Regardless of what we can think about the offensive production, our final offense drive WON the game for us, capped off by a great scramble by Hurts. Clemson's offense in turn, won the game for them. If we would have stopped them from getting over the 50 on the last drive, we would have won. Again, hats off to Clemson.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
Although I'm disappointed the defense didn't bow up on that last drive, they played 100 snaps. That's absolutely ridiculous against an offense as good as Clemson's, and that's squarely on the offense's inability to sustain drives or even get a first down.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
What hurts most right now...

Physically, my right hand, wrist, and arm, from pounding it on the table all freaking night. Also my throat from yelling and my hamstring from bolting out of my chair too fast.

CrimsonHammer

Scout Team
May 27, 2014
Clarksville, TN
Losing Bo and the pick plays. You have to think that having would Bo would at least allow us to grind out a few points and take up a bit more time. The defense played a game and a half. A few more first downs could have kept them fresher down the stretch and kept Clemson off the field. As for the pick plays, what I have to say about those is not fit for this board.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
100 snaps for Bama on defense....that's crazy. You know a good Offense like Clemson will have at least 10-20% of their plays, great plays, which is up to 20 in this case. How can you expect to win given that circumstance. But Bama almost did!

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
You could tell Saban turned pale white in the third quarter, as he knew what the situation was. He wasn't scared, just didn't feel comfortable with where things were. I'm not sure I've ever seen him turn that pale along with in a game for quite some time, if ever.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I get that you guys believe that getting back to this game is definitely going to happen, but it is not definite. Losing when you get here sucks because you never know when you will get back. Saban or no, Meyer or no, football is a weird sport.

Good night all.

Roll Tide & Go Bucks

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Tony Brown. He broke my heart tonight with his soft coverage and 5+ yard padding. The first huge gain where the dump pass turned into a 30+ yard game was possible because he didn't react/lunge for a tackle.

I've been pulling for him for years so this performance was one of the most painful bits.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I get that you guys believe that getting back to this game is definitely going to happen, but it is not definite. Losing when you get here sucks because you never know when you will get back. Saban or no, Meyer or no, football is a weird sport.

Good night all.

Roll Tide & Go Bucks
You do know that Meyer is no Saban, right? There have been 3 CFP and Bama has been to all 3. So please excuse us using past results to be optimistic about the future.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I hope Sarkasian and his booger munching habits are no longer part of this university after the game. That was nothing but pure embarrassment on the offensive side.

the dude literally gave up on the run, and forgot to run the clock down during the 4th quarter like Clemson did

Last edited:

Rolltidegirl205

All-SEC
Sep 20, 2014
Having to wait months before college football season starts again. Having to listen through phone calls, my family be happy about Bama losing. Trying to avoid social media and ppl at work who were rooting against bama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.