JessN: Clemson wrap-up: Tide loses a heartbreaker on 2 controversial TDs - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Re: Clemson wrap-up: Tide loses a heartbreaker on 2 controversial TDs

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaTide View Post
    Just for comparison's sake - didn't Alabama get a TD called back early this football season because of a pick? Or maybe got a first down called back due to a pick? I want to say it was during one of the OOC games after the USC game.
    I believe you are right. My fuzzy memory seems to recall this. Where is selma when you need him?
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I believe you are right. My fuzzy memory seems to recall this. Where is selma when you need him?
    In 2015, we also scored the winning touchdown in OT at LSU with a modified version of a pick. No tackling involved, however.

BamaNation All-SEC

Steve Spurrier beat clemson's hurry up offense 5 years in a row by slowing down his offense and eating up clock to limit clemson possessions. During that 5-game span USC rarely hiked the ball until there were single digits on the play clock. It was quite effective as clemson averaged a paltry 60 plays a game during that stretch. I was very disappointed to not see Bama use this same strategy Monday. If they just run ball and milk play clock down to 5 seconds in 4th they win. You slow DW down by keeping him on the bench.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by USCBAMA View Post
    Steve Spurrier beat clemson's hurry up offense 5 years in a row by slowing down his offense and eating up clock to limit clemson possessions. During that 5-game span USC rarely hiked the ball until there were single digits on the play clock. It was quite effective as clemson averaged a paltry 60 plays a game during that stretch. I was very disappointed to not see Bama use this same strategy Monday. If they just run ball and milk play clock down to 5 seconds in 4th they win. You slow DW down by keeping him on the bench.
    That's probably my greatest disappointment of this game. I thought surely we would do this, and that is why I felt so strongly we would win by double digits. Oh well.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Well said.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

I agree but you still have to make first downs. Bleeding the clock to win goes hand in hand with moving the chains. We didn't move the chains enough that simply taking a few more seconds off of the play clock would have changed the outcome. At least I don't think so.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon