Lets show the nation that we have class even in losing.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
All the whining in the world is not going to change the fact that we lost. We are not the National Champs for 2016. Clemson won and nothing changes that. Congratulations Clemson, You are a very good team. We'll be back. Roll Tide.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You need to stop calling fellow fans working through a tough morning names. It is not whining. You can congratulate Clemson while still feeling that Alabama deserved better treatment from the officials.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I certainly congratulate Clemson that was a heck of a game as was the one last season we got one and they got one . A good many points can be talked about why Bama lost or why Clemson won but simply put we did not covert 3rd down and had way to many 3 and outs. You can not give a athlete like Watson 99 chances to beat you. That being said I hope to see a rubber match next season.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
You need to stop calling fellow fans working through a tough morning names. It is not whining. You can congratulate Clemson while still feeling that Alabama deserved better treatment from the officials.
I didn't call anyone Whiners I told them they need to quit whining. I guess I should have offered them some wine to go along with it. You don't live here amongst our barn, 10rc and lswho rivals so I wouldn"t expect you to know about the big grins on every one of their faces. Even when they come to you and say "sorry about the loss", you know what they really feel. The two picks happened but the Clemson QB probably could have ran the ball in, as tired as our defense was and as well as they were playing.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Your rivals hate you no matter what you say or do. They will make stuff up to throw at you if they have to. I'd rather support my brothers as they deal with this in their own way than worry about what rival fans think or say.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Your rivals hate you no matter what you say or do. They will make stuff up to throw at you if they have to. I'd rather support my brothers as they deal with this in their own way than worry about what rival fans think or say.
Why give them ammunition, If you are hurting over it, don't call the refs out on it. Put your big boy britches on and deal with it instead of whining. We would have lost the game regardless because we got out played the 2nd half. There is no shame in losing if you gave it your best. I'm very surprised Clemson didn't run the ball in to score, I feel they could have. Clemson was the better team last night and Bama was tired from playing their hearts out. I doubt any other team in the nation could have beat us last night BUT Clemson and they deserved to win because they out played us when they really had to.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Perspective: There will be thousands of small children in poverty stricken, 3rd world countries who will start seeing "Alabama 2016 National Champions" t-shirts.

Those kids will ask their parents "Who is Alabama?" Their parents will say, "Never heard of them.":smile:

The two pick plays could have been called, but they weren't. We got beat...pure and simple. I'm not going to blame it on the officiating.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Why give them ammunition, If you are hurting over it, don't call the refs out on it. Put your big boy britches on and deal with it instead of whining. We would have lost the game regardless because we got out played the 2nd half. There is no shame in losing if you gave it your best. I'm very surprised Clemson didn't run the ball in to score, I feel they could have. Clemson was the better team last night and Bama was tired from playing their hearts out. I doubt any other team in the nation could have beat us last night BUT Clemson and they deserved to win because they out played us when they really had to.
Yeah, dive play probably scores or if those two receivers get a decent block DW would have walked into the endzone around right end. We were gassed.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Perspective: There will be thousands of small children in poverty stricken, 3rd world countries who will start seeing "Alabama 2016 National Champions" t-shirts.

Those kids will ask their parents "Who is Alabama?" Their parents will say, "Never heard of them.":smile:

The two pick plays could have been called, but they weren't. We got beat...pure and simple. I'm not going to blame it on the officiating.
Whenever I travel to these countries for work I honestly see more Georgia and Auburn shirts than anything else. No joke. Not even event shirts like SECG or something of that sort. Just regular team t-shirts. It's surreal in a way. I've been out in the middle of the African bush at the foot of Mt. Kilimanjaro with Massaai tribes and have seen kids wearing Georgia t-shirts. I traveled thousands of miles to a part of the world where western civilization has barely made a dent on these people's way of life and still manage to see a vestige of our niche culture walking around amongst the acacia trees and the red dust. Wish I had taken a picture of it to post here.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I am disappointed for our guys who played so well and worked so hard all year that they were not able to finish it off with a victory and championship. I am still proud of them for all they accomplished through adversity (freshman QB, backup QB transferring, new DC, late OC change, injury to a major part of the defense).

That said, and I kind of hate to say this, if we had to lose the championship game to someone, I am glad that it was one of our own boys, Dabo Swinney. I don't like that it was to a team called the Tiger who wear a lot of orange, but I have to live with that. I am proud for Dabo accomplishing this major achievement.

And, regardless of this result, I will always say Roll Tide Roll!

howmag

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 8, 2006
Maybe I will feel like showing some "class" about the loss tomorrow, but I don't today.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I feel safe saying this despite not having seen Saban's post game presser: I doubt I'll ever see our Coach on tv and/or in the papers talking about us being 1 second away from a national championship, as Malzhan did after their loss to FSU with 7 seconds to go. Gus was still making that statement 6 months after the game. Clemson made the plays they needed to win, so a tip of the cap to them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.