Game Thread: Florida at Alabama 8PM (ESPNU)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Decent effort. To many turnovers and missed free throws. Need to clean that up going forward. Key and Hall played great.

TideBall

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 17, 2015
The foul shooting and the turnovers are really painful to watch in this game. Florida always generates turnovers, but we are giving them a lot of help and you simply will not beat good teams with any depth shooting under 50% from the line. They know they can foul when we have easy shots.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
UF did a good job on Ingram. He only hit one field goal and had 7 turnovers. Also, they trapped at the right times during the later part of the game which created turnovers from whichever player happened to have the ball.

Alabama has been rebounding better than last season..

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Frustrating that 2 things we should be able to control, turnovers and free throw shooting, cost us this game

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
The FT's were just killing me. We were something like 5-13 at one time and finished 16-32. Those are some middle school statistics.
Respectfully submitted, no, it's the latest outbreak of chronic Colemanitis - i.e. horrid FT shooting goes that goes hand-in-hand (or clang-to-iron) with modern 'Bama basketball, no matter who the coach has been.

Thought at first it was a glammed up Doris Burke - who BTW knows more hoops in her most obscure corpuscle than Moans (Mowins) will ever find out in her liftime about the sport her moaning so terribly (deni)grates on with each syllable...

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
More info - from one of our forum members:

Florida leads the all-time series, 73-67, but is 0-1 vs. Alabama under Mike White.
UF has won five straight in Tuscaloosa, yet still holds just a 19-47 road record against the Crimson Tide all-time. Alabama enters the game on a four-game winning streak, including a 2-0 start in the SEC with wins at Mississippi State and against Vanderbilt.

This stinks. At one time, Bama had a winning record against all SEC teams except Kentucky.:frown:

This team goes into some awful scoring droughts which may be attributed a little to who is on the floor at the time.

Hale has just never obtained any power or explosiveness needed to go along with his size and skill. I think the injuries have weighed too much on this.

I have not heard anything recently on King's condition.

Olaniyan has contributed nicely over the last several games.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
You can see glimpses of what this team is capable of when they are in sync. You can alos see how bas we can play at times as well. I think the LSU game Saturday will tell us where this team sits in the pecking order. We need to take care of the ball better than we did in the Florida game. Turnovers will make or break out season. Braxton had 4 , Dazon had 7 and and AJ had several. Dazon has incredible skills, but he just plain lost his composure last night. If we shoot a decent clip on free throws and turn it over 5 or more less times, I think we win.

We just are really young and need more experience. I can't wait until the Roll Tide Five get here next year.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Florida is ranked @17. Reading the forum sounds like we had a chance to win this one if we hit free throws. Maybe this team can make run if they get the turnovers under control and make free throws.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.