Do you guys think things would've been any different if Blake would've stayed?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If IFS and BUTS were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Hey! We scored 31 points. But the problem was the OFFENSE NOT CONTROLLING THE BALL and therefore placing the DEFENSE in a precarious position for toooooo long.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Blake Barnett? Nope...

A lot of the issues with the offense towards the end of the year had to do with playing elite defenses and issues with the playcallers. Hurts can and will improve, but truth is he really didn't regress so much as he played elite defenses and had playcallers who were either distracted or new to the job. To give an example though, the much praised veteran QB J.T. Barrett actually had a worse game against Clemson. Do you think he shouldn't have started for Ohio State?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I think the good thing is, we already know the answer to this question and YES things would have very well been different ... the team would have been home last night watching someone else play in the championship. I was a fan of BB and hope he has a good career at Arizona State but the fact remains he just wasn't able to do it at BAMA regardless of what the reason was ... he wasn't able to do it.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Just had this thought cross my mind this morning. Can't help but wonder if Barnett would've made it into the game given the struggles of the offense in the last few games. I think Blake was definitely a more capable passer. It seemed like they were about even at the beginning of the year in that aspect but then Jalen regressed greatly toward the end of the season. Maybe not so much regressed as once there was enough film on him he was easy to gameplan for. Anyway, what do y'all think about the Blake thing?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You're seriously asking me if a guy who wimped out from an easy competition where he was the "next man up" would have been an asset in a tough competition against a stout defense hell bent on revenge?

Where's the candid camera?????

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Just had this thought cross my mind this morning. Can't help but wonder if Barnett would've made it into the game given the struggles of the offense in the last few games. I think Blake was definitely a more capable passer. It seemed like they were about even at the beginning of the year in that aspect but then Jalen regressed greatly toward the end of the season. Maybe not so much regressed as once there was enough film on him he was easy to gameplan for. Anyway, what do y'all think about the Blake thing?
Yep, of course it would have made a difference, there'd have been that much more of a crowd on the sidelines. Get over it, the kid left because he knew he wasn't going to play and he didn't like that outcome.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
But the problem was the OFFENSE NOT CONTROLLING THE BALL and therefore placing the DEFENSE in a precarious position for toooooo long.
I hear you, however, every time our offense went three and out was followed by an opportunity for our defense to also get a three and out, which they didn't do near enough of, and directly lead to their wearing down as much as, if not more so, than the O's inability to maintain possessions.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I think both Blake & Jalen have their strengths. Saw some passes from Blake up the seam that were phenomenal at the end of the SC game and vs Kent St.
I'm pretty sure we'll see a ton of that at Arizona St.

I don't know that Blake would have gotten us out of Oxford or Baton Rouge with Ws though. It's Cool to play what if, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
No but I do believe at Bateman could have helped us situationally this year. There could have been a package for him that would have a complete supreme because there literally is very little tape on him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.