Do you guys think things would've been any different if Blake would've stayed?

CrimsonCrazy82

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2005
Muscle Shoals, AL
Just had this thought cross my mind this morning. Can't help but wonder if Barnett would've made it into the game given the struggles of the offense in the last few games. I think Blake was definitely a more capable passer. It seemed like they were about even at the beginning of the year in that aspect but then Jalen regressed greatly toward the end of the season. Maybe not so much regressed as once there was enough film on him he was easy to gameplan for. Anyway, what do y'all think about the Blake thing?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Anytime you score 31 points in a game, you should win. We scored enough points to win, but didn't. Last nights performance isn't completely on Hurts. A lot of factors were at play during that game that led to our demise.

CrimsonTider-n-SC

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 3, 2004
Don't know... Don't care. Blake is a quitter and I don't want his type in the game when we are down and need a drive. Jalen led the team back and put us in position to win. It's a team game and you can't say our Qb play was the only reason for the loss.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If you make it to the game with him at QB, yes. But would you have? He is clearly all about himself.

crawff74

Dec 19, 2016
Jalen is 18 years old, okay maybe 19. Last year he played high school football. In the clutch he drove the team down the field and scored the go ahead touchdown with a great scrambling run. That showed me a great deal of guts and courage. The kid's a winner in my book. Blake got beat out for the starting job and he decided to move on to where the competition to play is not so intense. What does that show you?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
no, he folded like a cheap tent at the slightest pressure. With our OL, we would've relived the "sack game" and Brodie Croyle would have nightmares again.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
No comment on him quitting the team.

I don't think we go 14-0 and make it there with him playing early in the year.

He may end up being a great qb with time.

He would have been best to stay in the program and then start as maybe a redshirt soph...like AJ.

I figure he could have thrived in time.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
If Barnett is starting:

- we possibly loose to LSU
- We possibly loose to TAAM
- we loose to Ole Miss

Therefore, no playoffs, no SECCG, and no reason to be upset today about losing last night. Jalen will be okay, he gained alot of valuable experience this year and I have no doubts he'll lead us to a championship soon.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.