Saban is Right - Games are Decided by One or Two Plays

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I can't say it's obvious in a blatant way to where it was so egregious they definitely should have seen or called it. But Humphrey's body language tells you all you need to know. He's throwing his hands up afterwards like "WTH man?? Dude just blocked me??!!"

So was it an illegal pick play? I think so yes.....but it doesn't leap off the screen to me. I didn't even get mad when it happened....my head just dropped in disappointment that the 'G.O.A.T.' defense got shredded ALL qtr long and that this play was the punctuation.

I surely thought we had won after Jalen's TD run. I thought no matter how tired they were IF they wanted that Title bad enough they would come through in the clutch. They didn't. The had all qtr long to make a stand somewhere.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I can't say it's obvious in a blatant way to where it was so egregious they definitely should have seen or called it. But Humphrey's body language tells you all you need to know. He's throwing his hands up afterwards like "WTH man?? Dude just blocked me??!!"

So was it an illegal pick play? I think so yes.....but it doesn't leap off the screen to me. I didn't even get mad when it happened....my head just dropped in disappointment that the 'G.O.A.T.' defense got shredded ALL qtr long and that this play was the punctuation.

I surely thought we had won after Jalen's TD run. I thought no matter how tired they were IF they wanted that Title bad enough they would come through in the clutch. They didn't. The had all qtr long to make a stand somewhere.
It's been beat to death...but just as much or more blame goes to the offense for not sustaining drives and controlling the clock. After 99 plays even the GOAT is beatable.

dooger

Suspended
Dec 4, 2016
It's been beat to death...but just as much or more blame goes to the offense for not sustaining drives and controlling the clock. After 99 plays even the GOAT is beatable.
Agreed. Nothing will change. The score will be the same and CU wins and UA loses. Difficult, but, true! Now for the hard part....What happens in 2017? I believe this will be the most difficult season for UA since Saban has been in Tuscaloosa. Too many coaches departed and far too many on defense are gone. Glad Kiffin moved on. But, other coaches with tenure who took other jobs will make this a difficult transition year, despite the talent. FSU will be a difficult game to win. If UA falls....look out! We shall see. Everyone wants to beat Bama and Saban.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I'll say a few things and bow out.

1. That Big 12 crew was not going to call OPI except in the most egregious of circumstances - i.e., Hunter Renfrow shooting Tony Brown.
2. That exact same play was called back when Notre Dame ran it against FSU, and Kirk Herbstreit's sorry self said it was the right call.
3. I would never expect an official to say another official was wrong in that circumstance. They've got omertia that Tony Soprano could only dream of having.
4. Of course we run screens - we used one to win the 2014 LSU game. The key difference is that Christion Jones did not drive his shoulder into the defenders gut.
5. You are entitled to a close game. I don't give a rip what you did right or wrong in the previous 59 minutes - the officials are bound to call the game correctly. In this game, I contend they got it wrong. Saying that does not negate criticism of our team's play and playcalling.

dooger

Suspended
Dec 4, 2016
Thanks, guess I missed it. Been better if referee had missed it.;)
The game is over. Time to move on. The 2017 NC game was a continuation of the 2016 NC game. Both with CU. UA was fortunate to win 2016 game. No offense to Bama, my team! But, the better team may have lost in 16 and won in 17. UA has been lost on offense for two years and without just having more talent, we should have lost a game or two including LSU. I think Saban knows that now and he is willing to make changes consistent with the talent. But, let's stop blaming the officials for the loss. We are beginning to sound like the barn. Let's move on and support 2017 and put last year in perspective. It's gone.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The game is over. Time to move on. The 2017 NC game was a continuation of the 2016 NC game. Both with CU. UA was fortunate to win 2016 game. No offense to Bama, my team! But, the better team may have lost in 16 and won in 17. UA has been lost on offense for two years and without just having more talent, we should have lost a game or two including LSU. I think Saban knows that now and he is willing to make changes consistent with the talent. But, let's stop blaming the officials for the loss. We are beginning to sound like the barn. Let's move on and support 2017 and put last year in perspective. It's gone.
You come back from vacation and continue to post like you're a fan of another program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"

The post you quoted from me was from Jan 10...... I like to think that have moved on.... Thanks for your
input on subject though...:rolleye2:

Bama, your team..... R i g h t . . . .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.