Link: ESPN Sources: Scarbrough Breaks Bone in Lower Leg

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Geez

Alabama running back Bo Scarbrough, who was the Crimson Tide's most effective offensive weapon before leaving the game late in the third quarter, suffered a broken bone in his lower right leg against Clemson on Monday night, sources told ESPN on Tuesday.
I thought he just got cut because I saw some blood on his leg when the trainers were examining him. Guess not...

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
That sucks but I said as soon as it happened I said "I think he just broke his leg." The way they were examining him on the field sure looked like it was either just a bad bruise or it was broken, then when he didn't come back I figured that was it.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Guessing it is probably an injury similar to Eddie Jackson's earlier this season. Get well Bo. We need ya back!

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Wow, I did not expect that. I thought it was a high ankle sprain. The fact that he walked off the field on his own power is hopefully a sign that it was minor. Hope he gets well soon and is ready to come back strong and fast in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Wow, I did not expect that. I thought it was a high ankle sprain. The fact that he walked off the field on his own power is hopefully a sign that it was minor. Hope he gets well soon and is ready to come back strong and fast in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it is the fibula it would make sense as it is not the primary weight-bearer. Folks can (and do) walk around for weeks with one broken. Bo should heal from this and be ready for the open unless there is more to it than just a broken bone (not suggesting there is)

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I don't know about the reliability of his source, but Jay Barker was saying this morning that this sort of break is one that can be played on, and can heal on its own without surgery or significant rehab.

I hope that's true.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Geez

I thought he just got cut because I saw some blood on his leg when the trainers were examining him. Guess not...
I sure wasn't thinking broken leg, especially when he got up and walked off, then walked to the locker room, then walked back out. I was really wondering what happened when they brought him back out but kept him in the tent forever.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
There are different degrees of fractures. I suspect he has a "green stick" fracture where the bone is splintered but not half in two.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.