Link: ESPN Sources: Scarbrough Breaks Bone in Lower Leg

tambo410

1st Team
Nov 25, 2008
Fallston, MD
www.vrbo.com
There are different degrees of fractures. I suspect he has a "green stick" fracture where the bone is splintered but not half in two.
My wife had a green stick (spiral) from a skiing accident. I was really surprised by how little torque it took to case as much damage as there was. It was hell getting her ski boot off. That said, while not load bearing she could not put any weight on it. For her, not a well conditioned college aged athlete, it took a plate, 5 screws and about 6 months to be close to normal.

We are going skiing the end of the month and she wants to give it a go!

Prayers to Bo for a speedy recovery!

Heard it was not surgical so this right off the bat is great news!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
As soon as I seen the replay I knew we were screwed in terms of him being with us for the rest of the night. If his ankle wasn't taped up already his foot would have been pointing the wrong way AFTER the tackle.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Dang, it if weren't for bad luck...

He walked past us on his way to the locker room, but I missed seeing him return.

Clemson had no real answer for him. Here's to a full and speedy recovery.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
He may just be one of those guys that can't stay healthy. But, geez, he is a talented young man. Prayers to him....even if he never suits up again, he surely left his mark.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Since its a break and probably to the fibula since he seemed to be walking on it OK, it should be healed completely by spring with no residual issues. Better overall and long term than (more) ligament or meniscus injuries to the knee.

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
I've seen a lot of pessimistic articles about Bo's inability to stay healthy. One even predicted him to be a bust. It reminds me so much of the injury problems that Eddie Lacy had early in his collegiate career. I sincerely hope Bo's injury luck turns like Eddie's did.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It made me cringe watching the replay after it happened..That was a lot of weight coming straight down on his lower leg in such an awkward position..I hope he comes back better than ever next season..

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I've seen a lot of pessimistic articles about Bo's inability to stay healthy. One even predicted him to be a bust. It reminds me so much of the injury problems that Eddie Lacy had early in his collegiate career. I sincerely hope Bo's injury luck turns like Eddie's did.
That's why you can never have "too many" running backs. For the individual player it isn't ideal because they want to play and get all the snaps. There are players who simply stay injured. Some with some all world talent that never gets realized. I hope Bo isn't one of those. Because if he can stay healthy we are going to be heck on wheels with the stable of RB's we have.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
This injury was different. When one of the big ugglies land on your lower leg, breaks like this can happen to anyone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.