Out of the pan, into the fire: Bama vs FSU on Sept 2 could be a top 5 battle

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Could be #1 vs #2 to open the season. Going to be a tough physical game.
I don't think it will be 1 VS 2, but it will definitely be a top 10 matchup. We lose a bunch of leadership and talent on defense especially. We'll obviously still be good, but Alabama will have one the youngest teams we've had in a while. The FSU game will be a good test early.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The hype machine will be on big time for USC.

I would guess the top 5 going into the year will be:

1. Alabama
2. USC
3. Florida State
4. Clemson
5. Penn State

It will definitely be a top 5 match up.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
The hype machine will be on big time for USC.

I would guess the top 5 going into the year will be:

1. Alabama
2. USC
3. Florida State
4. Clemson
5. Penn State

It will definitely be a top 5 match up.
The hype machine will be on for anyone but Bama....last night was a victory for all the talking heads as well

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Looking at the "Way too early Top 25" picks they all have us at #1 with FSU ranked anywhere from #3-#5 so yes this will be a big game. I see us winning the SEC while FSU most likely wins the ACC so we might have to play them a second time.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
There's several way to early 2017 top 25 polls. Bama and FSU are 1 and 2 in the ones I've seen..

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I am anxious to see if Jalen works with a QB coach over the summer & how much time he spends with Ridley and Stewart. IMO the best part of having a returning QB and receiving corps is the timing that can be developed over the off season. Seems to me that is a big part of what was missing - that is assuming that Jalen has the raw talent to get the ball to these guys in stride once he learns to throw them open instead of waiting for them to be open.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I am anxious to see if Jalen works with a QB coach over the summer & how much time he spends with Ridley and Stewart. IMO the best part of having a returning QB and receiving corps is the timing that can be developed over the off season. Seems to me that is a big part of what was missing - that is assuming that Jalen has the raw talent to get the ball to these guys in stride once he learns to throw them open instead of waiting for them to be open.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've see this posted a few times about QB's working with WR's in the off season helps with timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
They'll be a tough out.

Probably most difficult opener in a while.
You know what ... I'm not as sure of that, they are losing a lot of upperclassmen to graduation on both the offense and defensive side of the ball and plus they are losing Dalvin Cook and possibly Travis Rudolph (he's grading out around the 3rd round). Not saying they won't be good, but thinking they won't be as good as the FSU team we just saw play Michigan.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I'm glad it's about 270 or so days away because emotionally I can't even think about it right now. This one is going to have a longer hangover for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
You know what ... I'm not as sure of that, they are losing a lot of upperclassmen to graduation on both the offense and defensive side of the ball and plus they are losing Dalvin Cook and possibly Travis Rudolph (he's grading out around the 3rd round). Not saying they won't be good, but thinking they won't be as good as the FSU team we just saw play Michigan.
Actually FSU brings almost everyone back on both sides of the ball. Based on performance I think FSU, USC should be 1/2. I could see Bama 3-5. PSU and Ohio St. return a ton also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.