Sark will be fine

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Why's that? Which throw that would have been a touchdown had Jalen not been off target indeed have been a touchdown if Jake had thrown the pass?
Which 30 yard run for a TD would Jake have accomplished?
Which ball that hit Dieter and Foster in the hands that they dropped have been caught if Jake had thrown the pass?
Would Jake have thrown the TD to O.J. better?
Why would Coker have won this game when compared to Jalen?
Jake wasn't timid when it was crunch time. When you'd see Jake get mad you knew we were about to score.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This has been my train of thought as well. Honestly, going into the game there was a part of me that was expecting a train wreck on offense due to the switch of OC's seven days before the game. Though I was disappointed with the outcome I couldn't help but think if this is how they (Hurts and Sark) performed under that type of situation. Good night alive, what will they be able to do when they actually have time to prepare, practice and develop chemistry together? I'm excited for our offense in 2017.
i thought we started out really nicely on offense even though we were making some stupid mistakes. we were not able to adjust (probably for many reasons) once clemson started making defensive adjustments.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
This has been my train of thought as well. Honestly, going into the game there was a part of me that was expecting a train wreck on offense due to the switch of OC's seven days before the game. Though I was disappointed with the outcome I couldn't help but think if this is how they (Hurts and Sark) performed under that type of situation. Good night alive, what will they be able to do when they actually have time to prepare, practice and develop chemistry together? I'm excited for our offense in 2017.
This was the first game since the 2011 LSU rematch for the BCS that I didn't feel Bama would win. I wasn't sure what would happen. I'm excited about the future. I can't wait to see Jalen's development and how Sark tweeks the offense to fit the players he will be working with full time, and his own tendencies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Surprised you can't see the difference. It would have been a different game plan with JC. He would have completed a wide array of passes all over the field. It would have opened up our running game, tremendously.

Nothing personal against JH to admit this. JC was a 5th year SR. JH's passing is just not there yet.

I believe if we would have had GMac playing we win this game. With AJ or JC the game is over in the first half. Blowout.
Gmac and AJ 2011 I have my doubts. Gmac had a hard time against defenses that controlled our line like UT,Texas, and Auburn. AJ 2011 was good when he had time and the easy throw was there. Clemson's D line would've been the best dlines he faced. Out of the two I would say AJ 2011 would've been the most likely to win if we got a W

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Gmac and AJ 2011 I have my doubts. Gmac had a hard time against defenses that controlled our line like UT,Texas, and Auburn. AJ 2011 was good when he had time and the easy throw was there. Clemson's D line would've been the best dlines he faced.
But JH was just struggling to see the field in general. GMAC and AJ were further along in their vision and progressions.

JH is already superior to improvise when pocket breaks down, but occasionally he will just bail on it when it was intact. Herbstreit pointed out one time he did so at the expense of missing a wide open OJ Howard if he would have only stayed in the pocket for another moment as Howard broke free across the middle.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
But JH was just struggling to see the field in general. GMAC and AJ were further along in their vision and progressions.

JH is already superior to improvise when pocket breaks down, but occasionally he will just bail on it when it was intact. Herbstreit pointed out one time he did so at the expense of missing a wide open OJ Howard if he would have only stayed in the pocket for another moment as Howard broke free across the middle.
But also consider AJ had the best o line in NCAA history. Out online Monday was whipped for most of the game. Gmac had a similar online and was whipped by Texas who had a comparable defense to Clemson, but Watson is far better than McCoy. So I say Gmac loses worse in all likelihood than JH. AJ is a mystery because he was a better short passer, but it's probably a different story with our oline this year compared to his oline in 2011

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
These comparisons are kind of silly in my opinion. It's like how would Alabama have done if they had Henry out there again. Or heck why not put Julio out there again. Let's remake the offensive line why we are at it.

The most inexperienced QB people are comparing Hurts to is a redshirt Sophomore AJ.

So let's just go ahead and say it. With a 2018 Jalen Hurts Alabama wins the game.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I am not going to base him on one game where he was thrown in at the last minute. I wish Saban had made the change after Florida but we have no way to know if that would have mattered.

My only concern with Sark is if he can lay off the sauce. Sorry to be that blunt about it, but that's my main worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
I went back and glanced at the 2014 Ohio State game we lost and one similar stat jumped off the sheet to me. 2/13 on third downs. No matter how good your team is, that is always going to be hard to overcome. I can't wait to once again see an offense on the field that I feel confident can make the plays to keep the chains moving.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I hope Sark makes good use of our running backs, especially in critical close games. Still think we could have won if we would have run the ball more in the 4th quarter, even without Bo. At some point, Damian or Josh would have broken loose.

Just read that Derrik Gore is transferring. I know he did not play much but he was good when he did. Our running backs need to stay healthy next year if we want to make it to the playoffs.

As for Sark, I do hope he is continuing to get help/counseling/etc. He seems like he is doing fine (at least from the interviews he and Saban have given).

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..Once Sark gets into a rhythm at Alabama as our OC, adds his touch to our offensive playbook, we will be an even better offense than what Kiffin produced at Bama..

I hope Sark makes a commitment to reestablish our offense as a run 1st power offense, that dominates the clock allowing our D to rest up, run it up the gut kinda offense, we've become accustomed to the first 7-8yrs Coach Saban has been our HC before Coach Kiffin gave our offense a new identity you could say..

We have the studs to make that transition seamlessly if Coach Saban wants to & I think Hurts would do just as well or even better running a more Pro Style Offense..Cause having a rushing offense that produces will make our passing game sooooo much easier on Hurts next year..

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
From my couch Sark did about as good a job as could have been expected. Bama would have beaten any team in the country Monday night except Clemson with his play calling. If anything I think his play calling was a bit conservative to what we will see come this fall.

I know he and coach Saban's plan was to not put the defense in bad situations but by being so conservative especially after Clemson adjusted to the run game, that conservatism led to so many 3 and outs. Clemson had ran 45 plays by half time! I knew trouble was lurking in the second half!!

I understand coaches strategy but with that number of offensive plays already for Clemson by half time I think what we needed to do was open up the offense. We needed more big plays as strange as that may sound, we needed to gamble more, score more of course lol!! ;)

I think that is the type of offense we will see against FSU this fall and I think Sark will do just fine!! :)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
My main complaint was that Bama never ran 3 consecutive times. I mean, really?
My guess is that will change under Sark. From all I've read he has more power running in his offense than Kiffin did. If you remember there were times when Saban had to go into the locker room at half time and explicitly tell Kiffin "start running the ball". I don't think he's going to have to do that with Sark.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.