24-hour rule has expired. Moving on (?)

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Some losses are like tornadoes. You know the requisite conditions are there, but you never really know ahead of time. When they hit you, the extent of the damage is magnified by the shock of suddenness and disbelief.

Other losses are like hurricanes: you can see them forming well in advance. You monitor them for days as they march toward you, hoping they'll veer off harmlessly in another direction, but the models tell you to expect to be in its path. So you prepare. Once they strike, the results may be no less catastrophic to you, but without the element of surprise, they don't seem (to me, at least, and assuming you evacuated as you ought) as psychologically devastating.

Auburn 2013 was a tornado.

Clemson 2017 was a hurricane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamamax1

Scout Team
Jan 10, 2017
Your right. It's been 24 hours. We should at least stop being sad and think towards next season. I know for myself it will hurt for awhile but it's nothing a few titles can't fix. RTR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
Yep, already moved on. I'm disappointed we lost of course, but in the end, it's just a game. There are more important matters in life. I know this will just fuel the fire under our guys coming back and CNS. I expect us to be in the hunt next year as well. We shall see.

I remember being a freshman in high school, and I got asked to play on the varsity softball team during our playoff run. We got to the last best of 3 series, and we lost. We were runner-ups. I remember crying like a baby because I did have a hand in the deciding game, and I didn't perform well. We came back stronger the following year, and we won state. Then we won state again our next year. Back to back state champs. It wasn't easy, but we persevered.
Life certainly goes on, and we as fans have our lives to live and be grateful for, and yes, it is just a game. However, this was not just a game, it was a NC game that Bama lost. To an ACC team. This is also a billion dollar business, so with the successes of the team come successes for business owners in the state. As a fan, I cannot as easily dismiss this as just a game and be ho-hum about it.

Also, the Seniors on this team will be haunted by this game for the better part of their lives, even with all of the successes that they have achieved. They will remember this one the most. This is the first NC game that Bama has lost in over 40 years. I can't shrug it off so quickly as if it doesn't matter anymore, because I know the players haven't, and I am sure it will be mentioned ad nauseam with the players in the coming season as motivation.

Looking forward to next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.