24-hour rule has expired. Moving on (?)

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Well, the sun did come up yesterday ... but it wasn't very bright at my house. However, it is brighter today and I know will be better as we put some distance between us and that game in Tampa!

TIDEFANS.COM IS ALWAYS OPEN! SIGNUP!
Nevertheless, the sun never sets on us at TideFans.com! For those that are just lurking, be sure to register and start participating on our message boards, read our articles on Alabama basketball and other sports throughout the Spring...And follow our recruiting updates and Jess' continued football and recruiting analyses over the coming months.

REGISTERED BUT NOT ACTIVE PARTICIPANT?
If you are registered but don't login and participate, let me be the first to encourage you to do so. We love seeing new folks here. Just be sure you've read through the FAQ's and understand that this board is a) family friendly and b) not tolerant of personal attacks or attacks on players or coaches. Other than those things, we highly value different opinions expressed respectfully!

RECRUITING SEASON IS NOW!
Our recruiting forum is active: https://www.tidefans.com/forums/recruiting and you can see some of the latest threads and posts linked on the https://TideFans.com front page and are updated continually.

GET YOUR GEAR!
Also, remember that your purchases from our http://TideFansStore.com help support the site and keep it FREE for all. Get the gear YOU want!
Join in the fun! ROLL TIDE!

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Yeah, I'm "over" the championship game and mentally have moved onto signing day and the 2017 season. We should be primed for another SEC Championship run and playoff run. Can't wait to see the progress Jalen and Sark make with a full offseason.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Yep, already moved on. I'm disappointed we lost of course, but in the end, it's just a game. There are more important matters in life. I know this will just fuel the fire under our guys coming back and CNS. I expect us to be in the hunt next year as well. We shall see.

I remember being a freshman in high school, and I got asked to play on the varsity softball team during our playoff run. We got to the last best of 3 series, and we lost. We were runner-ups. I remember crying like a baby because I did have a hand in the deciding game, and I didn't perform well. We came back stronger the following year, and we won state. Then we won state again our next year. Back to back state champs. It wasn't easy, but we persevered.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Just wanted to take time and reflect on what Coach Saban has accomplished in his ten years here.

1. 4 National Championships
2. 5 Sec Championships
3. 2 Heisman trophy winners
4. Several other candidates and winners in several categories
5. 5 National Championship appearances
6. Appearance in all three of the semi-final 4 bowl games.
7. 10 bowl appearances
8. A dynasty in the making
9. Tons of NFL players

I probably forgot something.

Point is, I'm super happy to be a Tide Fan during this time and looking forward to the next ten years Saban is here.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Key word for this offseason is GROWTH! We need these youngins to learn and develop that talent. We need development at the quarterback position and all along the defensive side of the ball. We need to grow leaders and continue the excellence established by the upperclassmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I'm glad for this thread. What galls me is the culture out there that wants to act like the last ten years didn't happen because of the game on Monday. Clemson is a "Johnny come lately" when it comes to being in our world. They will have to deal with next years expectations...we'll see how that works out. Now, it is time to move on as this thread suggests. I'm looking forward to this new season. In some ways I enjoy the games along the way rather that the big media championship game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I'm moving on with a pick or whatever you call it in each slow step, but just think TWO former Alabama football players and UA graduates won National Championships at Clemson!

And the four best coaches they ever had were former Alabama football players and UA graduates: Frank Howard, Danny Ford, Charlie Pell, and now Dabo S.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Have avoided sports media since the end of the game. Just wondering how many are saying this is the end of the Bama era or if they have learned their lesson from last time.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Have avoided sports media since the end of the game. Just wondering how many are saying this is the end of the Bama era or if they have learned their lesson from last time.
With Coach Saban still here, the FUTURE is still VERY BRIGHT!

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I agree. It's time to look forward to next season. I really look forward to watching Jalen and seeing how much he (hopefully) improves on his passing game. Excited to see what Sark can do, too.

Hey, the largest room in the world is the room for improvement.

Roll Tide!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Guys, when you run with the big dogs sometimes you do the biting, sometimes you get bit. We got bit this time around. Even so, I`d rather be with the big dogs taking that risk! Roll Tide and time to move on!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.