Jalen, Tua, and who else? Are we looking to bring in at least one more QB?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Things Hurts needs to work on in the offseason:
1. Timing with receivers. Spring camp, Summer work out and Fall Camp will benefit him greatly, as he will get more chances to get timing down with receivers. Incoming Freshmen that is on the campus will benefit a lot from early on with him. His throw in the national Championship game was definitely there, but it's lot better than underthrowing it.

2. I believe 100 percent that he knows how to read defense, but wasn't allowed to check out of play by Kiffin. I don't think we saw Sims, Coker and Hurts checking out of the play without Kiffin's input. I'm hoping Sark will give him freedom to do so. There was several times throughout the season I noticed he was looking at certain players on the opposing team, and it's almost as if he knew they were coming and he did best as he could to run the play. Sometime he could escape, and sometime he couldn't. He just need to get better at reading defense, and know what is going on. he can easily master that with Saban's defense.

3. Immediate throws in the middle: I expect lot of that in the fall. Again, It was kiffin's playcalling, not on Hurts.

4. Recognizing Open receivers: I believe He knew that there was open receivers several times throughout the season, but he was doing what he was told to do so. I sometime wished that he would kinda go against the script and take a chance down the field and risk getting butt chewed out. This is related to no. 2, he has to be able to read defense in order to know receivers will be open on that play.

5. Read Option plays- This is on Hurts. He kept ball way too many times. I expect him to figure out the balance of the read options.

Now as far as Tua coming in and win the job. There are few things that is working against him at this point. I'll list it here:
A. Coach Saban said he will give everyone a chance to compete at QB, and that is fair. However; I really don't think Saban wants to deal with another freshmen taking over next year and then we would be starting our fourth qb in 4 years. At some point, it'll be a negative mark against us. We really need stability at QB to allow our players to grow and get comfortable through Hurts.
B. Tua played in Hawaii competition that wasn't very hard, and it's hard to translate his talent to collegiate level. There are few things he needs to work on his game and I truly believe he will be redshirted along with Mac Jones.
C. I expect Tua, Jones, and other QB to push Hurts and that will be very good for everyone involved.

Hurts will be lot better and he'll be explosive player that is a gamechanger this season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.