Link: Mario Cristobal Heading to Oregon to be Co-OC

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
I think he was instrumental in landing Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley but I may be wrong...good get on the recruiting trail, lots of coaching experience.
We're happy to get any coach associated with the Tide. And we know you're a great program with great coaches and the vacancy at Alabama will be filled with someone equally as good or better. A win-win?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I figured Bobby Williams moved off the field because he wanted a slower pace or different work demands. He's been with Saban so long, I don't think he'd ask him to take a sorta lateral demotion unless he wanted it for work-life balance or the like. I may be wrong about that one though.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I figured Bobby Williams moved off the field because he wanted a slower pace or different work demands. He's been with Saban so long, I don't think he'd ask him to take a sorta lateral demotion unless he wanted it for work-life balance or the like. I may be wrong about that one though.
There is an interview with him out there recently asking how the transition had gone. The article seems to indicate it had been an adjustment for him and wasn't necessarily his idea. But he was being a team player saying all the right things.

I sort of figured his move to special assistant was to make room for Key knowing that Cristobal was seeking advancement opportunities. I think BW's recruiting had waned recently as a contributing factor as well. I think Saban will likely look to Locksley for the position or possibly promoting analyst or GA who can burn it up on the recruiting trail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I think you're exactly right about Bobby Williams. I think Coach Saban is very loyal to him and pretty much made a position for him. It would really surprise me to see him back on the field.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
There is an interview with him out there recently asking how the transition had gone. The article seems to indicate it had been an adjustment for him and wasn't necessarily his idea. But he was being a team player saying all the right things.

I sort of figured his move to special assistant was to make room for Key knowing that Cristobal was seeking advancement opportunities. I think BW's recruiting had waned recently as a contributing factor as well. I think Saban will likely look to Locksley for the position or possibly promoting analyst or GA who can burn it up on the recruiting trail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I kinda got the feeling from the interview he felt he was pushed off the field and b/c of his loyalty to Saban went along with it. Almost wonder if he got another shot on the field if he'd have a renewed energy...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Cristobal will be hard to replace as a recruiter, but not so much as a coach / technician / developer of talent.

Jury's still out on Key. Bottom line is that, as a unit, the OL has under-performed it's overall level of talent. I don't understand the game well enough to identify why; I just know that it's true.

We need an upgrade here, and Williams isn't the answer.

I haven't read the interview mentioned above, but am surprised that he seems a bit disappointed in his off-field role. He should be grateful to still be on the payroll. Saban clearly created it for him specifically so he could have a high-paying job in which he is (or will shortly be) vested in the state retirement system. If it weren't for his long-term relationship with Saban, he wouldn't be here at all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.