Link: Good Samaritan kills attacker, saves AZ Trooper who was ambushed

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I would hope you are right, but in a civil suit, jurors often check their brains at the door.
I'll have to look it up, but there may be a statute absolving "good Samaritans" in those situations from liability. I know there is for persons trying to help in a medical emergency...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, here 'tis. It was intended to cover medical emergencies, but I'd certainly make the argument that the officer had a medical emergency on his hands...

(g) Any person, who, in good faith, renders emergency care at the scene of an accident or emergency to the victim or victims thereof without making any charge of goods or services therefor shall not be liable for any civil damages as a result of any act or omission by the person in rendering emergency care or as a result of any act or failure to act to provide or arrange for further medical treatment or care for the injured person if the individual acts as a reasonably prudent person would have acted under the same or similar circumstances.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Strange about the male part of the Tennessee law. Must be an old law.

Of course, a male could get out by claiming that he was feeling that he was a woman at the time.
I think the woman here could handle things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.