Question: Who Replaces Reuben?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Who Replaces Ruben?

SDH as defensive qb - smart player

But, as for a headhunter and human missile look for Mack Wilson to become the next, great Alabama LB.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Agree re SDH... Excited to see what Rashaan Evans will do w a shot at a full season of regular playing time...

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

If hamiltons knee checks out he's the odds on favorite. Evans played very well but SDH presence was missed in the title game i feel. Then again Evans has a shot though he is probably best suited for the spot he and hamilton played this year.

I think Ben Davis, Mack Wilson and possibly some of the incoming freshmen will push for pt.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Amazing the number of great LBs that have come through Alabama since Saban arrived, and IMO there are at least 5 more NFL LBs on the team right now.

Bamaphil1

Jan 10, 2017
SDH
He was leader this year and will step up and become the qb of the defense next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravHouse

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 18, 2015
London, England
Agree with most of the posters.. SDH is a really intelligent player and he fits the mold.

Really excited to see Mack Wilson progress.. That boy can put in a hit!!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think it will hopefully be established during spring practice. At this point, there's absolutely no one ready to "replace Reuben".
If I had to make a pick at this point it would be Minkah or Ronnie Harrison, but it's hard for the leaders of the "D" to be defensive backs.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Pretty sure he meant LB not just over all leader. But I think SDH since Reuben mentioned he helped him with the calls this year. Evens will be a starter hopefully see Mack play. Tons of talent.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Foster reminded me lot of McClain on defense. He attacked on every play. He made reads, trusted his eyes and attacked. He didn't wait for plays to come to him. And your entire defense fed on that. I haven't seen the other LBs do that, but Wilson was doing that on special teams. So maybe Wilson.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I think it will hopefully be established during spring practice. At this point, there's absolutely no one ready to "replace Reuben".
If I had to make a pick at this point it would be Minkah or Ronnie Harrison, but it's hard for the leaders of the "D" to be defensive backs.
Didn't Rashad Johnson play that role in 2008?

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that Jess said in one of his pieces that Hamilton corrected defensive calls when necessary. So if by leader you mean the guy recognizing offenses and making defensive calls, I think that will likely be Hamilton. If you mean the guy that gets everyone pumped up and focused, I have no idea. Foster, Allen and Jackson were those guys this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.