Reality Check: Nobel Peace Prize Winning President Obama Drops 26,171 Bombs in 2016

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

"Today we find ourselves in a state of perpetual war. In the fifteen years since 9/11 the US has waged war in over half a dozen countries to end terrorism and yet today there are more terror organizations with larger populations operating in more western countries than ever before. So if dropping bombs is the answer, then maybe we're asking the wrong question - because this war on terror only seems to be breeding more war and more terror."

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
They have done a lot worse in awarding the prize (yasser arafat).

I actually think the mistake was Obama's in accepting the award. He should have politely declined because a) he was not going to radically change course in any US policy and b) I always felt there was a twinge of Euro snobbish anti-Americanism in awarding the prize to him.

That being said, President Obama is no Bob Dylan :cool:, so it would be real hard to turn down such an honor.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
They have done a lot worse in awarding the prize (yasser arafat).

I actually think the mistake was Obama's in accepting the award. He should have politely declined because a) he was not going to radically change course in any US policy and b) I always felt there was a twinge of Euro snobbish anti-Americanism in awarding the prize to him.

That being said, President Obama is no Bob Dylan :cool:, so it would be real hard to turn down such an honor.
agree

he should have declined

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I am not anti-Obama, but I always felt that award for entirely undeserved. He hasn't brought about a great peace in the world. At the time of the award, he hadn't even been in office for a full year.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.