ChrisD: Alabama 81, LSU 66: Crimson Tide closes with flurry to save embarrasment

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Alabama 81, LSU 66: Crimson Tide closes with flurry to save embarrasment
by Chris DePew
TideFans Staff
January 14th, 2017 06:15 PM

By Chris DePew TideFans.com Staff Jan. 14, 2017 After playing perhaps the worst 20 minutes of the Avery Johnson era, Alabama found its scoring mojo in the second half at LSU, scoring 53 points to put away the Tigers 81-66 and improve to 3-1 in SEC play. What did we learn today?: Regardless of the […]

Read More Here...

Oldtider1

Dec 1, 2015
I think you're wrong, Chris. Bama played hard, though poorly, early in the game... but they kept it manageable. And I was very encouraged by the final 6 or 7 minutes, thought they played the best I've seen them play this year. Of course, hitting a few shots sure helps. Other nights they couldn't throw the ball in the ocean, but hitting the shots is part of the improvement. When LSU stopped double teaming (because some other guys were hitting, I assume), Taylor and Hall were real forces inside. And that really opened it up outside. We'll see, but I thought they made real progress. Also we'll see, but I don't believe LSU is in 'free fall' as you suggest. Outside of Kentucky (and maybe Florida), the SEC is still up in the air. Some good coaches and good talent.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.