You Draw It: What Got Better or Worse During Obama’s Presidency

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Obama is able to polish his (poop) of a record a bit because he is neither Hillary nor Trump. Considering the short attention span of those polled, before too long Obama will have been deemed to have achieved something worthwhile in the last eight years.
My gay family members now have full rights, can adopt and marry and have all the rights that come with it in every State. Happened in no small part due to Obama's insistence and the general trend of acceptance that occurred during his time in office. That is a worthwhile achievement

Got rid of the asinine "don't ask, don't tell" policies, a worthwhile achievement

Accepted global warming as real, which in 2017 shocks me to have to call a worthwhile achievement yet there it is (and it will be gone from our Gov on Friday as the orange clown thinks it all a Chinese hoax)

26 States and Washington DC now have rational policies around Marijuana, that is a worthwhile achievement

I am sure there is more but it's not the point really as no one who hates him will admit he did anything good and few that like him will admit he did anything bad. As for me I'd say he was rather mediocre but history will show him far better than many recent presidents and far better than the next two (trump and then Pence after the impeachment)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
My gay family members now have full rights, can adopt and marry and have all the rights that come with it in every State. Happened in no small part due to Obama's insistence and the general trend of acceptance that occurred during his time in office. That is a worthwhile achievement

Got rid of the asinine "don't ask, don't tell" policies, a worthwhile achievement

Accepted global warming as real, which in 2017 shocks me to have to call a worthwhile achievement yet there it is (and it will be gone from our Gov on Friday as the orange clown thinks it all a Chinese hoax)

26 States and Washington DC now have rational policies around Marijuana, that is a worthwhile achievement

I am sure there is more but it's not the point really as no one who hates him will admit he did anything good and few that like him will admit he did anything bad. As for me I'd say he was rather mediocre but history will show him far better than many recent presidents and far better than the next two (trump and then Pence after the impeachment)
Global Warming became more "accepted" under his watch
Gay Marriage/Adoption
Legalizing Pot in 26 states

Are the big three accomplishments of an 8-year President

Next question -- what did HE do......to make any of those things happen....

I mean, it's not: Reduce Inflation from 13.5% to 4%, Drop Mortgage rates from 18% to 10%, and end the Cold War.....

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
more people thinking he did a good job leads to a higher approval rating.
...or just generally finding him likable. He does look good in a suit and has a decent golf swing. Plus he gets to hang out with all those cool Hollywood celebrities. If they like him, surely everyone else should.

Last edited:

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Lest we forget, I think he is the first US President to order a drone strike on a US citizen. He probably won't be the last....
I know the guy was apparently a terrorist but that is still a dangerous precedent.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

I agree with the achievement of increasing freedoms for homosexuals, but I don't agree with the statist method of how it was achieved. "Don't ask, don't tell" seems silly now. But, I give Clinton the benefit of getting a half measure. When you're hungry you can't always get a steak. Sometimes a sandwich is the best you can do for the time being.

Obama advocates massive government intervention with no real solution to address global warming (I mean, climate change.) His "solutions" are nothing more than wealth transfers to Democratically favored companies.

I agree about deregulating marijuana usage, but that is minor.

I would also agree with his attempts to expand freed trade.

So, we are left with a handful of partial or minor achievements. Meanwhile, his failed policies are vast. Obama considers himself one of our greatest presidents - Mt. Rushmore worthy. Only someone accustomed to Affirmative Action social promotion would be so arrogant as to think that what he's done is worthy of such renown.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
...or just generally finding him likable. He does look good in a suit and has a decent golf swing. Plus he gets to hang out with all those cool Hollywood celebrities. If they like him, surely everyone else should.
Obama will be looked upon favorably because is "light skinned with no Negro dialect, unless he wants to have one." - Harry Reid

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I agree with the achievement of increasing freedoms for homosexuals, but I don't agree with the statist method of how it was achieved. "Don't ask, don't tell" seems silly now. But, I give Clinton the benefit of getting a half measure. When you're hungry you can't always get a steak. Sometimes a sandwich is the best you can do for the time being.

Obama advocates massive government intervention with no real solution to address global warming (I mean, climate change.) His "solutions" are nothing more than wealth transfers to Democratically favored companies.

I agree about deregulating marijuana usage, but that is minor.

I would also agree with his attempts to expand freed trade.

So, we are left with a handful of partial or minor achievements. Meanwhile, his failed policies are vast. Obama considers himself one of our greatest presidents - Mt. Rushmore worthy. Only someone accustomed to Affirmative Action social promotion would be so arrogant as to think that what he's done is worthy of such renown.
I don't know of any president outside of perhaps Nixon that didn't consider themselves Mt Rushmore worthy so I won't hold that against him and I agree that Obama's solutions for climate change have been weak but that doesn't diminish that he at least acknowledged the facts. The incoming administration doesn't and neither did the preceding one so it is clearly and accomplishment if frankly a stupid one as it is self evident at this point

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.