News Article: Bill Battle Stepping Down; Greg Byrne Coming to UA

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Byrne's presser happening now...

Byrne: We are so fortunate and excited to be here at the University of Alabama.
Byrne: To be here today with our family just means the world to us.
Byrne: You don't get a chance to compete for championships without strong support from your leadership.
Byrne: "There's never been a better school that has shown more commitment and support to intercollegiate athletics than the Univ of Alabama"
Byrne: We will work our tail off and give great energy every day
Byrne: Regina and I got to spend time with Coach Saban and Miss Terry and I can't tell you how great it was.
Byrne: Coach Saban is one of the greatest coaches of all time.
Byrne: It's great to be back in the SEC. I love this conference.
Byrne: I admire so much the history and what makes it so special here at Alabama.
Byrne: I thought, even from a young age, what a great place (the University of Alabama) is.
Byrne said the hair on the back of his neck stood up when he heard a video of Bear Bryant years ago.
Byrne: These are historical times here at the University of Alabama. The amount of leadership Nick Saban has brought here is incredible.
Byrne: We can never be complacent. The competition isn't resting.
Byrne: If we're going to keep score, we're going to try to win
Byrne: We will do everything we can to compete for championships. We're going to balance that with strong academics.

Judging from that photo, the guy can recruit!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
"We can never be complacent. The competition isn't resting. If we're going to keep score, we're going to try to win. We will do everything we can to compete for championships. We're going to balance that with strong academics."

BOOM!

Welcome to The Capstone, AD Byrne!
Laughed at one of the reporters (Marq Burnett maybe) saying he already speaks like Saban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Today was GB's first day. Saw a tweet saying he's walking around Coleman during the game in order to introduce himself to all the ushers. Love that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.