Latest Bama News 1/16/2016 Thru 1/22/2017

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

Gehrig Dieter: From a star in the MAC to a role player for Alabama-foxsports/rbr

“To me any receiver wants to put up the gaudy numbers that we think we’re capable of. To come here, it humbles you. You see how much talent we have and how hard you have to work every single day. In our receiver group, we have five or six guys who could be starters and probably would be starters any other place. Just competing against those guys every day and the friendships that I’ve developed since they’ve welcomed me with open arms. I just put my head down and worked. Seeing how hard Calvin (Ridley) and ArDarius (Stewart) work every day pushes me to be a better football player.”
Here is a lovely interview by Bruce Feldman with one of my low-key favorites, Gehrig Dieter. Both subjectively and objectively, Dieter has become a better receiver and better all-around player during his one year on campus. Definitely worth a click.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

The 20 most unforgettable images from the 2016 college football season | FOX Sports

Oh, you remember that picture above, don't you? Of course you do. It came on college football's opening day this year, and really did set the tone for the season ahead. On that day, LSU came to Lambeau Field as a double-digit favorite and national title contender, and fell to Wisconsin.
The win propelled the Badgers to a surprising 10-3 season and the Big 10 West title. It also would help push Les Miles out the door just a few weeks later.
I’m usually not a slideshow fan, but these are really good images from the dearly-departed 2016 season. If you watched these games, and most were really good affairs, then it can take you back to September or November to relive the fun. I suspect by May, we’ll all desperately need that fix.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

ESPN updates Paul Finebaum's status after health scare

SEC Network analyst Paul Finebaum suffered a medical emergency live on the airduring Tuesday's show, but an ESPN spokesperson says there's nothing to worry about with the 61-year-old mouthpiece of college football in the South.
“Paul is fine. He wasn’t feeling well. He went home for the day and is already feeling better," the spokesperson told Awful Announcing.

rbr op PAWWWWWWWL had to leave his show abruptly yesterday following a “health scare.” There’s no official word on what was plaguing Finebaum, but I’m going with “self-induced asphyxiation by bovine fecal matter.”
LOL op

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

2017 National Signing Day: Alabama, Ohio State battle for the No. 1 recruiting classcbssports/rbr

The last coach not named Saban to bring in a No. 1 class was Meyer, who locked up the top 2010 class ahead of his final season at Florida. That class also happens to be the highest-rated class in history.
This year's recruiting cycle could produce a class that tops it. If everything plays out perfectly, whoever hits the finish line first between Alabama and Ohio State will have a chance to finish with the best recruiting class of all time.
This has been a talking point the past few months — the 2017 class could be the best of all time, and either Alabama or Ohio State will sign it, according to those who rate such things. On the field, though, that class will have much to live up to on the field if it wants to attain the greatness of the 2008 watershed class.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.