Link: Phil fulmer possible new AD for Tennessee

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
This! Memories are certainly short around here. Does no one remember the fake NCAA letterhead letters he used in recruitment? Or the "Bama will be out of business in two years"? The depth of hatred of this man for Bama is unfathomable. If the full extent of what he fostered were known, he would be in prison. He will view the post of AD as just one more opportunity to continue his dirty warfare against us. He seems the fool, but he's not harmless...
Agree Earle, perhaps many are too young to remember? He may seem like a buffoon but he`s somebody of which you never take your eyes off. As if it`s needed, yet another reason to hate those orange pukes.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As much as Phat Phil and Tennessee deserve each other, I don't know if I want him in any position in the SEC where he could pull more of his shenanigans.
Agreed - it is not in Alabama's best interests to see Fulmer in any position of influence in college sports. He is a man who lacks integrity and hates Alabama. I am not interested in finding out what he would risk to bring Alabama down again. He needs to climb back under whatever rock he has been hiding under for the last decade.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Guess its too much to hope that the SEC office look at this a provide negative reinforcement back to TN.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I don't want him there, not because I'm concerned he'll rebuild the arnge, but because I think there is nothing he won't do to damage us. On top of that, I think the arnge faithful are so tired of mediocrity that they will forgive his ending in order to recapture a bit of the glory days. Fulmer represents that to them, and they'll just conveniently ignore the last few years.

What scares me is that, more so than when he started the first time, the rest of the league, and college football in general, is so fatigued with our winning that I think they would turn a blind eye.

So long as Saban is in Tuscaloosa, it probably won't matter all that much. But he will take it to the lake at some point. If we believe he is the strongest coach in college football, we also have to recognize that whoever succeeds him can't possibly be as strong.

Last edited:

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I don't think fulmer has the business acumen to lead a program that is teetering on the brink of financial meltdown. Lest ut forget, he was also at the helm when several alleged title ix abuses and sexual assaults by players were to have happened. One of which involved a QB that won a super bowl last year. One thing for sure is the fact we don't have a crew of idiots running our program like we did back then too.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This! Memories are certainly short around here. Does no one remember the fake NCAA letterhead letters he used in recruitment? Or the "Bama will be out of business in two years"? The depth of hatred of this man for Bama is unfathomable. If the full extent of what he fostered were known, he would be in prison. He will view the post of AD as just one more opportunity to continue his dirty warfare against us. He seems the fool, but he's not harmless...
Thankfully, we don't have witless wonders roaming the sidelines nowadays.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Let's not forget Roy Kramer's involvement in that whole fiasco...! :cool2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't think fulmer has the business acumen to lead a program that is teetering on the brink of financial meltdown. Lest ut forget, he was also at the helm when several alleged title ix abuses and sexual assaults by players were to have happened. One of which involved a QB that won a super bowl last year. One thing for sure is the fact we don't have a crew of idiots running our program like we did back then too.
I'd say sentiment on their boards are running about 2-1 against him. The argument most often advanced against him is what you mentioned - turning over a 120 million business to someone who has no business experience whatsoever...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I'd say sentiment on their boards are running about 2-1 against him. The argument most often advanced against him is what you mentioned - turning over a 120 million business to someone who has no business experience whatsoever...
Krispy Kreme Franchises...? :biggrin:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
One of the more disgusting things Phatlock did while at UT was to accuse a recruit's mother of sleeping with a Bama assistant coach to get the player on board. That was later proven to be a baldfaced lie.

But the backstory might interest some folks here...

Phatty likes to brag he almost played at Bama under Coach Bryant, it just didn't work out, and he wound up at Tennessee.

As Paul Harvey used to say...the rest of the story...

I always assumed Phatty's mother was so ugly not a single Bama assistant coach was willing to go the extra mile to get Phatlock to play at Bama.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Initial reporting...

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...bringing-back-ex-s-phillip-fulmer-as-next-ad/
via http://cbssportsapp.com

Let the hate begin.....sorry....LET the hate continue
No hate, just extreme dislike and lack of respect.

What is the Phat man's graduate degree in from Tennercee? Was it in anything having to do with finance or physical education? Is the Phat man a visionary? Can he see two feet in front of him?

I do have to ask what financial background he has to run an SEC athletic program. How many teeth does he have?

Will he hire any Secret Witnesses while in the role of Tennercee AD?

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
If it happens, it has the look and feel of an Auburn-esque shortcut move to appease a small group of boosters. I'm almost certain he would fail in the job, but I would much prefer that he and his bag of crooked anti-UA tricks stay outside the official confines of an athletic department.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.