Link: Phil fulmer possible new AD for Tennessee

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This would be bad. Bad for Tennessee as much as anyone, but they are apparently too stupid to realize that.

I share the concerns of others about having Fulmer in a position of influence within the league. That is not ideal for us at all. With the leadership we have in place at the moment, I am not terribly worried. But you have to consider how unethical Fulmer was.

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
This! Memories are certainly short around here. Does no one remember the fake NCAA letterhead letters he used in recruitment? Or the "Bama will be out of business in two years"? The depth of hatred of this man for Bama is unfathomable. If the full extent of what he fostered were known, he would be in prison. He will view the post of AD as just one more opportunity to continue his dirty warfare against us. He seems the fool, but he's not harmless...
I will never forget. I will never forgive. I put him in the same category as bin Laden...absolutely no love from me!!!!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'd say sentiment on their boards are running about 2-1 against him. The argument most often advanced against him is what you mentioned - turning over a 120 million business to someone who has no business experience whatsoever...

They also seemed quite upset we made a quality hire for AD without having an opening while they haven't found one yet.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'd say sentiment on their boards are running about 2-1 against him. The argument most often advanced against him is what you mentioned - turning over a 120 million business to someone who has no business experience whatsoever...
Just to play devil's advocate, did Mal Moore have any business experience?

Edit.....I looked it up and he was assistant AD for a few years. Never mind.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowtown Bama

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2007
I never liked Fulmer from the time he got hired as head coach. It seemed like he schemed to take the job from Johnny Majors. Majors was a rival coach you could respect even if you didn't like him. Fulmer was never likable or respectable. I know there was a lot of bad blood there.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just to play devil's advocate, did Mal Moore have any business experience?

Edit.....I looked it up and he was assistant AD for a few years. Never mind.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More than Fulmer. Bill Battle was a logical interim choice. He had been a head coach and was an immensely successful businessman. He actually took a huge pay cut. Between Mal and Bill, we had a good run. I predict disaster for UT...

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
While it is worrisome to have that loathsome tub-of-lard in any sort of position other than seated at a Krispy Kreme, our situation is much different. Back then, we were the equivalent of a rusty old Russian trawler taking on water faster than we could bail. Now, we're one of those amazing new stealth warships, and Tennessee is a Jon-boat without its plug.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
More than Fulmer. Bill Battle was a logical interim choice. He had been a head coach and was an immensely successful businessman. He actually took a huge pay cut. Between Mal and Bill, we had a good run. I predict disaster for UT...
I hope they hire him!

The photo-shop material will be incredible!

That always got under the skin of the hillbillies... :biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.