Question: What will the game of football look like 20, 30, 40 years from now?

JaxTider

Suspended
Jan 10, 2017
Auburn will still suck.

Let's put this in perspective. Auburn wins one title every 75 years (2 in 150 years).

If Bama never won another title, it would take Auburn roughly 1000 years (14x75) to catch us.

A thousand years ago,..

Gunpowder was first used
The Normans conquered England
Lief Erickson discovered North America.

In other words, Auburn is forever little brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Listen folks, IMHO,...as football is the #1 sport, as popular as it is as a cultural icon, and as long as the money flows in, I don't see football eventually petering out. They will find a way to keep it going. I expect it to look the same, but with just better technology with regards to player safety. Look back at the old days of leather helmets and now today, etc. etc.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Listen folks, IMHO,...as football is the #1 sport, as popular as it is as a cultural icon, and as long as the money flows in, I don't see football eventually petering out. They will find a way to keep it going. I expect it to look the same, but with just better technology with regards to player safety. Look back at the old days of leather helmets and now today, etc. etc.
Yup, as much as people pine over the 'good old days', football generates far more money today than ever before. The only way that happens is more eyeballs...

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
I have a different view.

I suspect, given the likely societal breakdown coming due to deminished standards of living, increasing crime, overpopulation in urban areas ect., we will see a more authoritarian governance and a rapid reduction in litigation.

Central authorities will see a need for a national blood sport through which the people's growing anger and restlessness may be directed. I predict no helmets, little padding, to targeting rules etc.

Further,American football is likely to become an international sport, serving as a less costly alternate to traditional warfare. This is likely to occur after a limited nuclear exchange convinces the world that the transition to football as a necessity.

Look for marquee matchups such as Israel v Iran and China V Japan to settle territorial disputes that would once have led to war. Image massive defense dollars going into football strategy, as well as the genetic engineering of linemen/ gorilla hybrids designed to play the trenches.

Games will bloody, careers short, fatalities not uncommon. And the stakes? Higher than ever.

In short, we have yet to see the golden age of football. We're in for a thrilling ride.
Lets just have 'Thunder-Dome', one man enter - one man leave... Last man to leave rules the world...!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.