Question: How Many Targets Remaining can be Added to the Class?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Nobody finishes or makes the numbers work better in recruiting than CNS. I guess that makes this a two-part question on how many more signees does Bama have room for and what does the big board look like?

I'm guessing we're pretty full and have a great class but what LOVE to add to the DL.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Devonta Smith
Henry Ruggs
LaBryan Ray

Absolutely need at least one more D lineman. Thought Solomon looked good until Harbaugh and his travelling circus showed up and it appears sent the Solomons into a swoon. As stated elsewhere though, it appears CNS has the last coach visit. Hope that`s true because he`s a great closer. He`ll lay things out in a no-nonsense manner without all the window dressing, fun and frivolity, I would assume. Seems the last I saw on Mathis was he`s most likely a corndog.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
This is Chop's wishlist from the other thread. I believe we would make room for them all:

Ray
Solomon
Mathis
Ruggs
Smith
Parks

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
We can backcount guys to previous classes when scholarships open up from transfers, dismissals, or early departures.
Do the transfers and dismissals have to occur by NSD, or is there some other deadline that comes into play? Based on the transfers, dismissals and early departures that have already occurred, does anyone know the upper limit for how many we could sign this year?

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
I'm thinking with all the attrition we had this year and taking in 12 early enrollees we may go 30+ this year.
assuming Dean to Miami, I hope we finish like this:
Ray
Solomon
Mathis
Parks
Ruggs
Smith
Collins
Henderson
That would be 32. Again, I don't know if this number is possible or even probable. This is just my greedy list!

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
assuming Dean to Miami, I hope we finish like this:
Ray
Solomon
Mathis
Parks
Ruggs
Smith
Collins
Henderson
That would be 32. Again, I don't know if this number is possible or even probable. This is just my greedy list!
Let us all be reminded: Greed is good.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Do the transfers and dismissals have to occur by NSD, or is there some other deadline that comes into play? Based on the transfers, dismissals and early departures that have already occurred, does anyone know the upper limit for how many we could sign this year?
The transfers and dismissals do not have to occur by NSD. Typically there are a few movements before spring training. I think there has to be down to 85 scholarship players by start of fall camp. Of course, the coaches usually know what the numbers will look like before fall camp. There are ususally a few we have to wait to see if they qualify academically until right up until school starts. There is always a chance of a gray shirt or 2 as well.

Tidal Surge

Scout Team
Dec 17, 2009
Ft Walton Beach
Dean likely to flip to Miami.
Byers likely a sign & place.
Brannon could be a greyshirt if needed.

I don't think Collins is a take. Bama might take Chris Henderson & Todd Harris both if there's room. Otherwise, that list looks spot on.

Last edited:

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Dean likely to flip to Miami.
Byers likely a sign & place.
Brannon could be a greyshirt if needed.

I don't think Collins is a take. Bama might take Chris Henderson & Todd Harris both if there's room. Otherwise, that list looks spot on.
I don't really think Collins is a take either or even an option at this point. As a fan, I always hate to see the states top talent go anywhere but to Bama. But, there really hasn't appeared to be any interest from either side for quite some time. One thing for sure, our staff knows what they are doing! RTR

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I don't really think Collins is a take either or even an option at this point. As a fan, I always hate to see the states top talent go anywhere but to Bama. But, there really hasn't appeared to be any interest from either side for quite some time. One thing for sure, our staff knows what they are doing! RTR

If any insiders have any info / insight into why this might be the case - at least from Bama's standpoint, which they are able to share, would sure luv to hear about it...

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
If any insiders have any info / insight into why this might be the case - at least from Bama's standpoint, which they are able to share, would sure luv to hear about it...
I'm the complete opposite of an insider but I can make a few guesses. I think Collins may have always been a little more interested in playing out of state than maybe our staff was willing to invest in based on his skill set and the fact that we had the same type of player in Shavers already committed who is also an early enrollee. Again, just a complete guess on my part.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He's made it clear he prefers to play out of state. Bama cotinue to show interest, but he's pretty determined to go somewhere not in the state.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
He's made it clear he prefers to play out of state. Bama cotinue to show interest, but he's pretty determined to go somewhere not in the state.
I can't blame a player for that. I think many players might benefit from putting a little distance from the stresses of friends and family. I think he simply had a specific school he's really interested in and is enjoying the recruiting process. I suspect he's a silent commit with that team too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Not that the recruiting staff is necessarily thinking in these terms, but he's also just not the type of receiver we've had success with. He's kind of the tall, very physical (best aspect of his game I'd say), "redzone threat" type above all else -- not the best at getting open field separation though, and pretty surprising speed, but not the quickest. All around a good prospect though, and I'd imagine we would've shown more interest if he hadn't made it evident the battle for him was impossibly uphill.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Not that the recruiting staff is necessarily thinking in these terms, but he's also just not the type of receiver we've had success with. He's kind of the tall, very physical (best aspect of his game I'd say), "redzone threat" type above all else -- not the best at getting open field separation though, and pretty surprising speed, but not the quickest. All around a good prospect though, and I'd imagine we would've shown more interest if he hadn't made it evident the battle for him was impossibly uphill.
We have Shavers already on campus and he is 6' 6" so we have our tall receiver. Jeudy, Ruggs and Smith are higher on our board IMO. Collins is a very good WR prospect but he is not a take over some of the other guys on our board.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.