Mizzou at Bama

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
This game was won on defensive effort. The upcoming game at Auburn will be VERY interesting. If we can win it, we will truly put Auburn on their heels and help ensure more "wins" in the recruiting wars. Through tonight, we had a pretty favorable SEC schedule, we will now need to keep it going in less favorable games.
Yep, I love the league record, but I also know it's an aberration. A win at the barn would be nice in more ways than one, though.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I think Ingram's as well, just seems he needs to be a little more open to take his shot. Good win but we need to figure out free throws
Ingram can shoot well from anywhere on the court except when he is standing still shooting free throws. He seems to hit them late when the game is on the line but otherwise I don't get it. He looked even worse tonight; like he was trying to rethink his form during every shot and had lost his confidence.

On another note, I was hoping Ingram and others would drive just inside the free throw line and pull up for a shot; especially in the first half. It seems that many would drive to this spot and would be open for a jumper but would throw the ball back out for a missed 3-point attempt. Getting the ball in then back out is a good thing to do but sometimes they need to take the open 12 to 14 footer.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
46% from the free throw line.....not good. This could very well cost us some games later on.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I still think winning takes care of attendance. Losing 5 games before the new year puts a real damper on enthusiasm. If we can keep winning we will have several real good crowds this season.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
38,000 undergrads in Tuscaloosa and I bet there are not 3000 of them in attendance tonight. Apathy is sad.
I still think winning takes care of attendance. Losing 5 games before the new year puts a real damper on enthusiasm. If we can keep winning we will have several real good crowds this season.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I love Bama Hoops, but that's an ugly product that was out there last night. Thank goodness Missouri is pretty bad.....

With that said, our D is pretty fierce, and makes you look bad. If we shoot 75% from the FT line, we win by 20+

That sounds ton more impressive....the crowds grow. When you miss more than half of your tries, you look like a bad team.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
FT are an enigma. It takes a lot of practice and a simple repetitive form. I've watched some freshmen HS bball this year and those that have a long, complicated wind up tend to miss. Those with a simple form usually are more consistent z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Two super tough back to back games coming up. They should have won by 20+ last night. Mizzou is awful but the shooting and FT were atrocious. Effort is never a problem and where the shooting will lose Bama a game their defense can steal one. Hopefully they can clean it up a bit.

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
It will be really rare for us to play a game where we are talking about a "pretty" win. Our style is to make the game sloppy, get points in transition when we can and play solid defense. Look at the scores other teams in the conference are scoring on average, and then look at their total against us. We defend in the half court, and use clock when we run our offense vs being in transition. It is sometimes ugly, but we'll always be in games. Like everyone has said, improve the free throw percentage and we'll be in games late with a chance to win almost every time. Just need to do that against some good teams and on the road. RTR, 4-1 in the conference!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
They always have an excuse
I know some don't like the fan turnout for basketball games, but what do you expect?

Suttles tweeted at 5:06 last night "If you're heading 20/59 Tuscaloosa bound from Birmingham, good luck. Traffic is backed up for miles."

That's no excuse to me. Seems pretty reasonable. Tipoff is at 6 on a Wednesday night. 20/59 has never been the easiest interstate when it comes to traffic. A wreck or construction only makes it worse. Therefore, fans are delayed in getting to the game, or some might hear about the road issues and decide to stay in Birmingham.

This discussion is had every year. Weeknight games are not going to be well attended by those outside of Tuscaloosa unless it's a big game because of location and time.

A solution would be to either let season ticket holders give their tickets back for games and open those seats up to anyone or allow season ticket holders to only buy weekend games at a lesser price and then allow anyone to buy those seats.

Run some promotions or something to get the Tuscaloosa area crowd to the games to make up for the lack of the Birmingham and Montgomery crowd.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I agree ... I'm happy they got the W last night

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I've been paying much more attention to the football program the last decade, like everyone else, but I'm excited about the future for this team. I think CAJ is great for the program, and looking at recruiting on 24/7 sports has me positively giddy. I played basketball in high school and I still love to play pick up ball. A competitive Bama program like in the Wimp Sanderson days would be fantastic to watch. I live out of state so going to games isn't going to happen, but watching a competitive product is something I want to do. I watched the Mizzou game last night, and it wasn't always pretty on offense, but I liked the ball movement and the hussle and rebounding. The team plays hard, and the talent coming in along with the young guys already on the roster should put Bama in a great spot.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
38,000 undergrads in Tuscaloosa and I bet there are not 3000 of them in attendance tonight. Apathy is sad.
This is the problem with Coleman. The crowd arrived late as it was an early tip and it was probably half full by halftime. Half full is around 7000 to 8000 fans. Most arenas would celebrate having that many fans on a weeknight. (See The boogs.) But Coleman looks empty with that many fans in the building. It would be next to impossible to fix without major structural changes. I've heard many sports talk shows hosts and analysts state we need a new arena badly. As most people on this board know, I have been a proponent of a new arena for a long time. Hopefully the new AD will make this a priority.

Once we have a god team again, well fill Coleman regularly. Bama fans just want a team that is competitive and we are getting there, but we are not there yet.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
This is the problem with Coleman. The crowd arrived late as it was an early tip and it was probably half full by halftime. Half full is around 7000 to 8000 fans. Most arenas would celebrate having that many fans on a weeknight. (See The boogs.) But Coleman looks empty with that many fans in the building. It would be next to impossible to fix without major structural changes. I've heard many sports talk shows hosts and analysts state we need a new arena badly. As most people on this board know, I have been a proponent of a new arena for a long time. Hopefully the new AD will make this a priority.

Once we have a god team again, well fill Coleman regularly. Bama fans just want a team that is competitive and we are getting there, but we are not there yet.
How big are most modern arenas for a program like ours?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.