Donald Trump Inauguration - January 2017

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Pretty good twitter page

Inauguration events schedule

Vice President-elect Mike Pence spoke to reporters Thursday as a final wrap-up to Donald Trump's transition process.

He said he, as well as the president-elect, were pleased to report that the transition wrapped up "on schedule and under budget."
"We will actually return some 20 percent of taxpayer funding back to the U.S. Treasury, and that is exactly in keeping with the president-elect's expectations going forward," Pence said.
"He's a businessman that knows how to sharpen his pencil, and I'm very pleased to report today that we were able to do that and restore those dollars to the Treasury."
GREAT way to start off! :p

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I'm mildly Calvinist (or fatalist, if you prefer), so I'm neither petrified nor exhilarated. It'll be an interesting four years, though. Good luck to us all.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I'm OK with those who are a bit apprehensive about what to expect.

After all, we've never had a president like Trump.

I tend to be an optimist and am looking forward to some of the issues we have in our country addressed and hopefully resolved!

Also looking forward to watching the Talladega Tornado band perform tomorrow! :p

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
I don't know what to expect of President Trump but I can't wait for Barry to leave the White House. It's time to make America work again.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I was hoping they could get Old Spice to sponsor the inauguration. With the slogan "we helped get B.O. Out of the White House"

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Well, I'm interested to see how he does in the first few months in dealing with Congress and some of the world leaders. Hopefully, he won't be so confrontational. I just have a suspicion that is a rouse. I truly can't imagine him being successful in business & being an intentional jackass. I hope not anyway...

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Interesting contrast between CNN and FNC coverage this morning.

CNN has their panel on - the same tired old political panel they've used all election cycle - jabbering on and on about the same old crap.

FNC meanwhile, has reporters embedded in the crowds - interviewing the folks. Showing full screen shots of the various locations of the Washington Mall. Bringing it's viewers to the site - to the "people".

"I have a son in the Army and my daughter is in the Air Force"

Dang.....love hearing that.....:)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I'm not gonna lie, this sort of reminds me of the Eddie Murphy skit on Delirious when Jesse Jackson ran for President...when the white goes go to the polls drunk and elbow each other and say "let's vote for Jesse Jackson." And the next day "He won?"

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
There's rumblings that our new UN Ambassador, Sarah Palin, and her new beau, Glen Rice will be in attendance as well.
I actually had to google that to make sure you were referring to UM Glen Rice....

Wow, you learn something new everyday.....

Maybe "Russia" was a Euphemism for Glen Rice's junk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm mildly Calvinist (or fatalist, if you prefer), so I'm neither petrified nor exhilarated. It'll be an interesting four years, though. Good luck to us all.
I'm very happy Obama can shuttle off to presidential retirement. I'm thankful Hillary isn't being sworn in today. I'm full of trepidation because of the guy that is being sworn in.

Fun times for America.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.