Donald Trump Inauguration - January 2017

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just saw this FB comment from my brother who is a liberal......gotta love it.....

Stop referring to rioting animals as protesters. It's like calling street racing, drag racing.

:D

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Just saw Trump speaking to the CIA. He said he had the largest inauguration crowd in History and that the media is lying about the size of the crowd.

I find this bizarre.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...bout_inauguration_crowd_size_during_speech.ht

But instead of the crowds, the media showed “an empty field and it said we drew 250,000 people. Now that’s not bad, but it’s a lie,” Trump said. Later, his press secretary, Sean Spicer, took it further and said Trump had the “largest audience to ever witness an inauguration—period.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Just saw Trump speaking to the CIA. He said he had the largest inauguration crowd in History and that the media is lying about the size of the crowd.

I find this bizarre.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...bout_inauguration_crowd_size_during_speech.ht

But instead of the crowds, the media showed “an empty field and it said we drew 250,000 people. Now that’s not bad, but it’s a lie,” Trump said. Later, his press secretary, Sean Spicer, took it further and said Trump had the “largest audience to ever witness an inauguration—period.”
Its bizarre that he would even be concerning himself with that at this time, much less that he then has to lie then about it. Seems like the man-child may be here to stay.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Its bizarre that he would even be concerning himself with that at this time, much less that he then has to lie then about it. Seems like the man-child may be here to stay.
I think the point of it all was to make people remember that he went to see the CIA on day 2, and support them 1000%. If he just stuck to that it would've been forgotten in about a day's time, but since he said controversial statements it will always end or start with " while visiting the CIA staff to give support...". In a way it is very clever, but it takes away from a great day by General Mattis.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You know what's funny?

The press continues to be the Trump's greatest ally while THINKING they're being some sort of safeguard of liberty.

Just yesterday we were treated to crap from the press once again that had no basis in reality:
1) the flawed claim about MLK's bust being removed
2) Rachel Madcow, PhD (which stands for post hole digger), invoking the Hitler reference about Trump's inaugural speech
3) the trick of putting up pictures of the 'crowds' from two different times of day to say "Trump inaugural not as big" - more on this in a moment
4) there's another one that has literally slipped my mind - cut me some slack, I'm having my second bout in two weeks with some sort of cough/respiratory/flu illness

On top of that you had an NBC writer for SNL actually suggest a President's 10-year old son would be the home school version of Adam Lanza. And we all know damned well that same person would never have said that about Obama's kids.

The problem is that because of the Internet, these tricks are going to be exposed usually within an hour. AND YET THE PRESS STILL PULLS THIS CRAP!!!!!

And they only manage to pull it on Trump, never Obama.

You cannot as the so-called safeguard of liberty press tell LIES that you KNOW are lies and then get mad that Trump lies. It doesn't work that way in the real world. And when you as the press LIE about things that are easy to prove then people have no reason to believe what you say about any other issue - if you lied about something so knowingly as the size of the crowd then maybe you're also lying about climate change, abortion, gay rights.....and everything else.

Plus, I suspect this is the deal maker in Trump at work. Send out your press secretary to lie while you're doing something of long-term importance (you know, maybe vetting a SCOTUS nominee) and get them focused on the lie while you're doing what you want done. Do it enough times they start running stories about how many lies you've told...and then ramrod a nominee through the Senate.

How many times is Trump going to have to pull that sort of trick before the press grows a brain?

Just remember: Trump's low approval rating is still higher than the approval rating of journalism - by far. One thing that really is true about Americans is that IN GENERAL - whether left or right - people have a fundamental 'sense of fairness' - they don't like to see someone criticized for something they themselves would do. This is part of why Clinton survived impeachment: middle aged men saying "well, if a 22-year old offered my 50-year old member a hummer, I'd take it" and women saying, "well, you can take one look at Hillary and tell she doesn't do that - and a man has needs" - and knowing deep down that 90% of the boys in Congress did the same thing. So when Trump gets criticized for minutiae, it's not going to stick with anyone but the ideologues who would turn their eyes if it was their person.

I reiterate: no matter what he does, to me he will ALWAYS be "the guy whose arrogance destroyed the USFL." I'm no fan of him, either, but if the press keeps it up then he's going to succeed over their heads yet again.

FTR - I have no doubt that Obama's crowd was substantially larger than Trump's but so what? Obama's was a unique situation of the first black President and no doubt a substantial number of people of color attended that inauguration that wouldn't attend Trump's anyway. Hillary's would have been larger, too, and not just because she won the completely irrelevant 'popular vote.'

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Trump is still a little baby to even be concerned with news on his turnout. He's only got 2 of his cabinet members confirmed the last I checked, seems like pushing the buttons and greasing the wheels to get his choices confirmed is the most important thing. Stuff like this is just gonna lead to more of Washington digging their heels in because they think this guy has no clue.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Trump is still a little baby to even be concerned with news on his turnout. He's only got 2 of his cabinet members confirmed the last I checked, seems like pushing the buttons and greasing the wheels to get his choices confirmed is the most important thing. Stuff like this is just gonna lead to more of Washington digging their heels in because they think this guy has no clue.
I've had the same thought. They know where the ropes are and he only thinks he does. He thinks it's all like real estate - and it's not. The whole thing of people electing a billionaire con man, who turns around and appoints more billionaires to change the systems which made them billionaires in the first place has always seemed to me to be a special kind of stupid...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You know what's funny?

The press continues to be the Trump's greatest ally while THINKING they're being some sort of safeguard of liberty.

Just yesterday we were treated to crap from the press once again that had no basis in reality:
1) the flawed claim about MLK's bust being removed
2) Rachel Madcow, PhD (which stands for post hole digger), invoking the Hitler reference about Trump's inaugural speech
3) the trick of putting up pictures of the 'crowds' from two different times of day to say "Trump inaugural not as big" - more on this in a moment
4) there's another one that has literally slipped my mind - cut me some slack, I'm having my second bout in two weeks with some sort of cough/respiratory/flu illness

On top of that you had an NBC writer for SNL actually suggest a President's 10-year old son would be the home school version of Adam Lanza. And we all know damned well that same person would never have said that about Obama's kids.

The problem is that because of the Internet, these tricks are going to be exposed usually within an hour. AND YET THE PRESS STILL PULLS THIS CRAP!!!!!

And they only manage to pull it on Trump, never Obama.

You cannot as the so-called safeguard of liberty press tell LIES that you KNOW are lies and then get mad that Trump lies. It doesn't work that way in the real world. And when you as the press LIE about things that are easy to prove then people have no reason to believe what you say about any other issue - if you lied about something so knowingly as the size of the crowd then maybe you're also lying about climate change, abortion, gay rights.....and everything else.

Plus, I suspect this is the deal maker in Trump at work. Send out your press secretary to lie while you're doing something of long-term importance (you know, maybe vetting a SCOTUS nominee) and get them focused on the lie while you're doing what you want done. Do it enough times they start running stories about how many lies you've told...and then ramrod a nominee through the Senate.

How many times is Trump going to have to pull that sort of trick before the press grows a brain?

Just remember: Trump's low approval rating is still higher than the approval rating of journalism - by far. One thing that really is true about Americans is that IN GENERAL - whether left or right - people have a fundamental 'sense of fairness' - they don't like to see someone criticized for something they themselves would do. This is part of why Clinton survived impeachment: middle aged men saying "well, if a 22-year old offered my 50-year old member a hummer, I'd take it" and women saying, "well, you can take one look at Hillary and tell she doesn't do that - and a man has needs" - and knowing deep down that 90% of the boys in Congress did the same thing. So when Trump gets criticized for minutiae, it's not going to stick with anyone but the ideologues who would turn their eyes if it was their person.

I reiterate: no matter what he does, to me he will ALWAYS be "the guy whose arrogance destroyed the USFL." I'm no fan of him, either, but if the press keeps it up then he's going to succeed over their heads yet again.

FTR - I have no doubt that Obama's crowd was substantially larger than Trump's but so what? Obama's was a unique situation of the first black President and no doubt a substantial number of people of color attended that inauguration that wouldn't attend Trump's anyway. Hillary's would have been larger, too, and not just because she won the completely irrelevant 'popular vote.'
You're giving Trump far too much credit. A strategist he's never been. He thinks with his gut...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
His problem is that I think he truly believes that the POTUS position is like a CEO and his way is gonna trump (no pun intended) any other vested interests at the end of the day. I don't think he has any clue about bureaucracy which is entirely different than politics. Politics is getting elected, now he has to concede things and hear other interests groups while brokering agreements on his policy.

This presidency is really on a fast path to abject failure. I hate that the GOP hitched their wagon to this guy instead of doing the shady business the DNC used to railroad their primary populist. This is gonna go bad but luckily for Trump he will be able to sell "his" people on this "only trust what I am saying, you can't believe what THEY are saying" kinda domestic abuser/psychopath logic.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You're giving Trump far too much credit. A strategist he's never been. He thinks with his gut...
Well the guy understood the election is a reality tv show while everyone else thought it was an actual competition based on morals, ethics, and political allegiance. He won, and they lost. You got to give him credit on that one because his "strategy" clearly paid off.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Do a search for either "Jay carney lies" or "Josh earnest lies"......literally hours of YouTube video

I'm not defending the statements made by what his face, and maybe you're right......this is setting the stage for future lies...like the numerous ones told by the two prior press secretaries I listed above.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.