Donald Trump Inauguration - January 2017

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
This attitude (from both sides) is what is continually driving wedges deeper and deeper into this country. I don't think you'll enjoy it so much in 20-30 years when America potentially splits apart into violent warring factions/states because parts of our citizenry cared more about seeing the other guy brought down than the whole country built up. And if you don't think it could happen I'd suggest cracking open some history books.
A crazy someone recently told me they feel America "needs" such a civil war. Trump voter, she is. People are mad, and I don't mean angry.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I have a this future I've imagined in my head that is sorta like a Max Brooks type doomsday theory for our country.

1. Right now the rural/metro split is roughly 50/50 in this country but clearly the metropolitan population is going to continue to grow over the next several decades as economic opportunity declines in rural America.

2. Invariably, since crime rate is dependent partly on population density a push for even more wide-ranging authority is given to law enforcement as a means to control the metropolitan population centers full of lower class citizens.

3. Global warming activist's are proven right. Several decades from now the United States experiences a prolonged (several years) drought that affects yields on domestic food crops.

4. Food costs - likely the cost of all goods and services - abruptly spike to levels where only the upper-middle class can make ends meet while the upper class mostly doesn't immediately feel the economic pressure of subsistence.

5. The metropolitan areas have large groups of unemployed, hungry people. The more authoritarian police departments will attempt to bust these volatile groups and push them out of the city. They will open fire and be overran by the "hunger marchers."

6. Governors across the nation call up their national guard. When the governor is commander in chief of their state militia, they have the right to open fire on citizens. Somewhere a more aggressive governor and adjutant general of the national guard will open fire in a spectacular fashion in a glorified massacre after their hunger marchers refuse to comply with lawful orders to disperse.

7. The President is faced with a trying scenario. He can't use federal military in combat missions on American soil, he is left with the only play he has: call up all the state national guards in the heated regions and put them under his direct control (through a civil defense agency) so they can no longer have the freedom to open fire.

8. Do the high brass at the state level comply? I imagine some will not.

9. The in-fighting will start between national guard units that follow the federal orders v. the national guard units that have ignored them in favor of their governors.

10. Civil War is here.

Last edited:

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I have a this future I've imagined in my head that is sorta like a Max Brooks type doomsday theory for our country.

1. Right now the rural/metro split is roughly 50/50 in this country but clearly the metropolitan population is going to continue to grow over the next several decades as economic opportunity declines in rural America.

2. Invariably, since crime rate is dependent partly on population density a push for even more wide-ranging authority is given to law enforcement as a means to control the metropolitan population centers full of lower class citizens.

3. Global warming activist's are proven right. Several decades from now the United States experiences a prolonged (several years) drought that affects yields on domestic food crops.

4. Food costs - likely the cost of all goods and services - abruptly spike to levels where only the upper-middle class can make ends meet while the upper class mostly doesn't immediately feel the economic pressure of subsistence.

5. The metropolitan areas have large groups of unemployed, hungry people. The more authoritarian police departments will attempt to bust these volatile groups and push them out of the city. They will open fire and be overran by the "hunger marchers."

6. Governors across the nation call up their national guard. When the governor is commander in chief of their state militia, they have the right to open fire on citizens. Somewhere a more aggressive governor and adjudicate general of the national guard will open fire in a spectacular fashion in a glorified massacre after their hunger marchers refuse to comply with lawful orders to disperse.

7. The President is faced with a trying scenario. He can't use federal military in combat missions on American soil, he is left with the only play he has: call up all the state national guards in the heated regions and put them under his direct control (through a civil defense agency) so they can no longer have the freedom to open fire.

9. The in-fighting will start between national guard units that follow the federal orders v. the national guard units that have ignored them in favor of their governors.

10. Civil War is here.
It sounds like you have potential to write erotic fiction for Alex Jones.

Edit: As an aside, I think that is a well thought out sequence of events. I wasn't being snarky to your ideas, but was instead trying to point out that there are those on the right for who this would be the best possible outcome.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This attitude (from both sides) is what is continually driving wedges deeper and deeper into this country. I don't think you'll enjoy it so much in 20-30 years when America potentially splits apart into violent warring factions/states because parts of our citizenry cared more about seeing the other guy brought down than the whole country built up. And if you don't think it could happen I'd suggest cracking open some history books.
Personally I could care less of what party owns the White House as long as they understand that radical change isnt a good thing. Radical change = radical consequence. Obama was the action and Trump is the reaction. I just find it amusing at the ridiculous amount of praise that some here gave Obama's policies and how they deflected every criticism, and now they are on the other side.

Fwiw i didn't vote for trump, but the only thing I absolutely love is how he has brought out the liberal hypocrisy of being the most democratic and more reasonable people in the USA.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

6. Governors across the nation call up their national guard. When the governor is commander in chief of their state militia, they have the right to open fire on citizens. Somewhere a more aggressive governor and adjutant general of the national guard will open fire in a spectacular fashion in a glorified massacre after their hunger marchers refuse to comply with lawful orders to disperse.

10. Civil War is here.
Almost sounds like the recent plot of a new tv series where the capital is blown up leaving a sole survivor from each (major) party.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
it's like a white trash wedding

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...hed-man-inauguration-ball-article-1.2953968?0

Fox Business correspondent Charlie Gasparino gave an account of the brawl in a Monday Facebook post.

"Inside the ball we see a fight between two guys in tuxes and then suddenly out of nowhere came Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway who began throwing some mean punches at one of the guys," Gasparino wrote. "Whole thing lasted a few mins no one was hurt except maybe the dude she smacked."

Gasparino emphasized in the post that he did not "exaggerate" any part of his account, adding, "Now I know why trump hired her."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
A crazy someone recently told me they feel America "needs" such a civil war. Trump voter, she is. People are mad, and I don't mean angry.
Yeah because the last one was so great in solving the problems in the country... blue font

100 years and 2 WWs for the 14th amendment to actually be enforced.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

10. Civil War is here.
Without a second legitimate standing military and a military cult of personality leading it, there is no chance a civil war happens. A revolution is more likely.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Yeah because the last one was so great in solving the problems in the country... blue font

100 years and 2 WWs for the 14th amendment to actually be enforced.
Yeah, I countered with the last one and the number dead 150 some odd years ago. They felt that was a low number that would be higher this time and felt like that would be a good thing.

And the 14th is still not FULLY enforced.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton

10. Civil War is here.
Use the metropolitan population as a food source for the rest of the country...problem solved.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

10. Civil War is here.

Will we still be able to watch funny cat videos and pr0n on the Internet?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Without a second legitimate standing military and a military cult of personality leading it, there is no chance a civil war happens. A revolution is more likely.
Civil Wars don't really work like they used to.

It would look more like Syria in today's world. Different factions destabilizing the country and vying to be the group that can get enough support from claiming to offer the most security since the federal government isn't strong enough to continue doing it while dealing with all the different brushfires.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Civil War, revolution...really the same in the end of the day. I imagine it is possible that some of the national guard units and federal military turn on their leadership too...but I don't want to go too far down this Alex Jones Erotica path.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Civil Wars don't really work like they used to.

It would look more like Syria in today's world. Different factions destabilizing the country and vying to be the group that can get enough support from claiming to offer the most security since the federal government isn't strong enough to continue doing it while dealing with all the different brushfires.
You are talking about a 3rd world country with international power backing both sides. To have one here it would take more than just good ole boys forming a posse or some rogue governor activating the national guard. The federal government is far too advanced and numerous to overthrow it without a 2nd military. So I still see revolution over civil war because civil war implies you are going against the USA with a competent military, and a revolution is THE PEOPLE overthrowing a regime. It's far more likely that the latter could happen than the former in advanced western powers.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Civil War, revolution...really the same in the end of the day. I imagine it is possible that some of the national guard units and federal military turn on their leadership too...but I don't want to go too far down this Alex Jones Erotica path.
Similar but different, but still neither will likely happen in our lifetime.

The problem with the national guard scenario is that the national guard can be nationalized by the president. So a competent 2nd military only happens probably by having a rogue but loved general that causes a split in the federal military.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
You are talking about a 3rd world country with international power backing both sides. To have one here it would take more than just good ole boys forming a posse or some rogue governor activating the national guard. The federal government is far too advanced and numerous to overthrow it without a 2nd military. So I still see revolution over civil war because civil war implies you are going against the USA with a competent military, and a revolution is THE PEOPLE overthrowing a regime. It's far more likely that the latter could happen than the former in advanced western powers.
If a group or groups threatened trucking with road side bombs/attacks and impacted the ability of food to get into grocery stores along with other avenues of attack (power, gas, etc) things would destabilize pretty quickly with riots/looting. You can shrug it off as third world country problems if you want but that is likely how it would start. Smaller groups being emboldened into that type of action, then other groups following their lead, then other groups deciding to join in after the government starts blowing up American citizens, and the spiral continues. Then eventually you start seeing the larger militias, warlords, etc rallying people to their cause for civil war with other groups/the remainder of the government. This is not a new third world idea - look at the rise of the Nazis for parallels to the rise of ISIS. Chaos is sewn, partially by them and by others and then they start rising/holding power in areas.

“There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchy.” - Alfred Henry Lewis

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If a group or groups threatened trucking with road side bombs/attacks and impacted the ability of food to get into grocery stores along with other avenues of attack (power, gas, etc) things would destabilize pretty quickly with riots/looting. You can shrug it off as third world country problems if you want but that is likely how it would start. Smaller groups being emboldened into that type of action, then other groups following their lead, then other groups deciding to join in after the government starts blowing up American citizens, and the spiral continues. Then eventually you start seeing the larger militias, warlords, etc rallying people to their cause for civil war with other groups/the remainder of the government. This is not a new third world idea - look at the rise of the Nazis for parallels to the rise of ISIS. Chaos is sewn, partially by them and by others and then they start rising/holding power in areas.

“There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchy.” - Alfred Henry Lewis
The Nazi rise to power is nothing like ISIS's rise

1) Hitler achieved power over Germany politically and not through military force. He tried through force with the beer hall pousch but it failed miserably. I doubt ISIS wants to get into politics

2) The Nazis weren't viewed as enemies by the west, but ISIS is. Point is Nazis could walk the streets during the day without fear of being shot

3) ISIS has been involved in multiple civil wars, and Hitler was involved in 0. I hardly qualify the killings of communist rivals or Brown coat higher ups as civil wars

With the world being smaller I still don't see the people forming strong enough militias to oppose the Western world.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.