Donald Trump Inauguration - January 2017

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
comparing him to Pryor is like comparing Trump to Reagan, sure they are both presidents but that is about it

his standup stuff is fine, I have no issues there. But when he talks in interviews about women I just want to smack him on my daughter's (And wife, Mom and other women I know) behalf.

Meh, they both fall into the same style. The basis of their comedy is rooted in profanity and vulgarity (low hanging fruit). I'm not such a prude that I'm against profanity and elements of vulgarity in comedy. But it's best used when it's strategically "sprinkled" throughout ones routine. I've watched both Pryor's acts and Harvey's. They both can be brilliantly funny and I have been in knots from laughing so hard at some of their jokes. But they also tend to saturate it with profanity and vulgarity to the point that it loses its effectiveness. At least for me. True comedic brilliance is someone who can leave you in knots and tears without having to constantly use the low hanging fruit tactics.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
If you are seriously trying to say "see, I told you trump isn't that popular." By comparing Obama and trump then your ignoring the label "first black president" being a huge factor. To be honest I expected less people today than there was
Trump supporters had to go to work. ;)

(You know that will be a meme on facebook before the end of the day.)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Meh, they both fall into the same style. The basis of their comedy is rooted in profanity and vulgarity (low hanging fruit). I'm not such a prude that I'm against profanity and elements of vulgarity in comedy. But it's best used when it's strategically "sprinkled" throughout ones routine. I've watched both Pryor's acts and Harvey's. They both can be brilliantly funny and I have been in knots from laughing so hard at some of their jokes. But they also tend to saturate it with profanity and vulgarity to the point that it loses its effectiveness. At least for me. True comedic brilliance is someone who can leave you in knots and tears without having to constantly use the low hanging fruit tactics.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
yeah Bill Cosby agrees with you

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Just read on a site that:

Trump said "We" 45 times
Referred to himself 3 times

In Obama's farewell speech -- he referred to himself 75 times....
And they can't seem to find a "we" ;)

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
looks good from that angle

here it is from behind, compared to Obama in 2009 on the left

But your photo is still inconclusive. We have to know what state everyone is from to see which inauguration had more people. :)) Electoral College humor).

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I missed the Inauguration. Was working. Like it or not Trump is the President. At this point I hope he does a great job. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at least for a while. I think one day in office is too soon to revolt.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Like it or not Trump is the President. At this point I hope he does a great job. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at least for a while. I think one day in office is too soon to revolt.
Summed up how I feel precisely. Just like I told my wife when Obama was elected - I didn't vote for him, but I hope he's the best president we've ever had.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.