Harbaugh to have Spring Practice in Rome, Italy

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I feel that he's always been a NFL guy. He left the 49ers because they made life just frustrating enough to move back to college. I think he'd rather win the Super Bowl more than win the golden muffler.
I get the impression he's both very grating and tough to be around and that his rah-rah style may work with pros at first but fades over time. I think his incredible enthusiasm serves him better in college where there's more turnover and he can acquire elite talent via excellent recruiting.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Creating the impression that you're someone who is going to break every rule you can simply because something was not specifically banned is one way of ensuring that if you ever do have "an issue" the NCAA is not going to be kind. But of course if he ever has "issues" he will leave Michigan holding the bag for that.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Wouldn't an exotic vacation in Italy be classified as an impermissible benefit? :cool2:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think it gives them an unfair advantage in recruiting, at least until August. Not against schools like us, but smaller schools with lesser budgets.
I'll say it again, I think we need to fly up to Michigan and have our spring practice in Ann Arbor. And we need to call ESPN and CBS sports, and get 90 million dollars of free publicity! :)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
As someone who wants to see the FBS broken into 'haves' and 'have-nots', I like this. Anything the bigger schools can do to widen the gap between them and schools that shouldn't be in the FBS in the first place is fine with me.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
As someone who wants to see the FBS broken into 'haves' and 'have-nots', I like this. Anything the bigger schools can do to widen the gap between them and schools that shouldn't be in the FBS in the first place is fine with me.
well, doesn't power 5 represent the "haves" and the G5 represent the "have nots" or do you want to be more divisive?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
well, doesn't power 5 represent the "haves" and the G5 represent the "have nots" or do you want to be more divisive?
It's pretty close, but there are some P5 teams that simple don't belong. For example - if you can't put 40k in the stands for every home game, you shouldn't be in FBS, imo.

That said, despite the P5 and G5, we're still operating under rules put in place to 'level the playing field' thus allowing teams to jump to FBS that could never have done so otherwise and frankly, a vast majority of them should be sent back to FCS.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
So are they going or not going? I thought it got shot down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I've read this trip to Rome falls under a different rule since it's not during the UM spring break. So from what I understand they're going and it's not against any current rule or the one recently voted on..

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
So how much money will the UM alumni allow him to spend on trips to Italy for no ROI. Are you going to play football at a school for a free trip to Italy? Only if you name ends in a vowel. How many 17 y/o's can even point it out on map without google earth?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.