Harbaugh to have Spring Practice in Rome, Italy

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
The coaches can tell the recruits "If you sign with us you will be going to Rome for spring practice" (or London, Bermuda, Tokyo). To a 17 y/o that sounds awesome. I know some staffs recruit that way when they have a game at Hawaii. I have a strong suspicion a rule will be put in place shortly after the trip and it should be an incredibly broad ruling since Harbaugh is figuring out ways to play the system.
are 17 year old football players really that interested in going to Rome?

don't get me wrong, I've been there several times and it's an awesome place to visit, but I would think there would be places much more enticing to a 17 year old than Rome.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
are 17 year old football players really that interested in going to Rome?

don't get me wrong, I've been there several times and it's an awesome place to visit, but I would think there would be places much more enticing to a 17 year old than Rome.
I would think Rome is appealing to many people and it seems traveling internationally would be also. I think it is a draw to these kids and this is the main reason UM is doing it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The coaches can tell the recruits "If you sign with us you will be going to Rome for spring practice" (or London, Bermuda, Tokyo). To a 17 y/o that sounds awesome. I know some staffs recruit that way when they have a game at Hawaii. I have a strong suspicion a rule will be put in place shortly after the trip and it should be an incredibly broad ruling since Harbaugh is figuring out ways to play the system.
See my link from page one...

LINK

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It took Georgia Tech 6 months to a year to prepare to play in Ireland this year. My son is a manager for the football team. It was a logistical nightmare in so many ways. There is no way the preparation for this Rome trip just started. They've been working on it for months. There are a ton of Customs issues, passport issues, paperwork, etc... I feel bad for the people that have to make all this happen.

And oh BTW for those reasons stated above Coach Saban will never play a game out of the country. Never gonna happen. :)
Makes you wonder if he had advance notice the ban was coming...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.