Harbaugh to have Spring Practice in Rome, Italy

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is just another tree to climb or go cart to race. Harbaugh is trying too hard to be liked and sound cool. This is a common mistake made by weak leaders.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
Thanks for the update, Earle.

I say go ahead - call it the Harbaugh Rule. Let Jim have one. There are enough "Saban Rules" related to recruiting. :wink:

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
If Harbaugh loses 3+ games again next year, it's gonna just be too funny after all this.

His Najee loss to Saban is funny enough, though.

Maybe he's just one of those guys who can't get all the way on top of the hill....Chicago Bears, Stanford, 49ers, Michigan. He is damn good at what he does though.

Last edited:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
If Harbaugh loses 3+ games again next year, it's gonna just be too funny after all this.

His Najee loss to Saban is funny enough, though.

Maybe he's just one of those guys who can't get all the way on top of the hill....Chicago Bears, Stanford, 49ers, Michigan. He is damn good at what he does though.
He will....he just lost his entire defense.

Last edited:

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
When I saw this, I honestly thought it was some kind of joke. The funny thing is, I remember months ago (maybe a year ago) posting that maybe he'd have Michigan Spring Game in French Polynesia or someplace exotic like that. Well, apparently I wasn't too far off. I fully expect the NCAA to put the Kibosh on this kind of thing soon. He may get away with it this time but I doubt he'll be able to do it again.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Harbaugh is probably going to Rome to ask the Pope to intervene on his behalf for a victory over Ohio state.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
When I saw this, I honestly thought it was some kind of joke. The funny thing is, I remember months ago (maybe a year ago) posting that maybe he'd have Michigan Spring Game in French Polynesia or someplace exotic like that. Well, apparently I wasn't too far off. I fully expect the NCAA to put the Kibosh on this kind of thing soon. He may get away with it this time but I doubt he'll be able to do it again.
Scroll up and read my link. This is the last hurrah for this sort of shenanigan...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Again, my take is the guy is trying to create more value for his program and I think it is a classic case of thinking outside the box. I does reek of "gimmickry" but the guy is trying to innovate which I respect. He has turned the Wolverine program around in recruiting and in the win column but I feel it is a make or break year for him in 2017-18 and maybe that is why he is trying so hard. If he does not take out Meyer and Franklin or make it to the playoff somehow I feel he will jump back into the pros.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Again, my take is the guy is trying to create more value for his program and I think it is a classic case of thinking outside the box. I does reek of "gimmickry" but the guy is trying to innovate which I respect. He has turned the Wolverine program around in recruiting and in the win column but I feel it is a make or break year for him in 2017-18 and maybe that is why he is trying so hard. If he does not take out Meyer and Franklin or make it to the playoff somehow I feel he will jump back into the pros.
I feel that he's always been a NFL guy. He left the 49ers because they made life just frustrating enough to move back to college. I think he'd rather win the Super Bowl more than win the golden muffler.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.