Petition calling for release of Donald Trump's tax returns reaches 100,000 needed

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
There are several of you I agree with on several points here that combine to make one big cluster.....

I've stated my views before. I think that BEFORE you run in a PRIMARY that your party should REQUIRE you to submit all tax records, student records, military records, health records, etc or else not permit you to run. If you're not willing to do that, don't run. Because there are people with big bucks donating thousands even millions for you to take office who - if nobody else does - have the right to know the facts behind their 'investment' (that's what it is, folks). Better to drag out your lack of taxation prior to the NH primary than to get stink bombed with it during the fall campaign.

Every Congresscritter, too - ESPECIALLY if you serve on the Ways and Means committee that sets the nation's taxes oh Charlie Rangel.

On the flip side - I could care less just as CA has said. I highly suspect every single person who can afford an accountant has lined one up along with a tax lawyer to bend every rule possible without breaking it - as Gene Hackman told Tom Cruise in "The Firm" - he doesn't care if they get audited but they'd better not lose.

And the truth? Nobody really cared about Trump's taxes. Proof is the fact he won. Folks KNEW based on the NYT leaks that he probably hasn't actually paid out of pocket in over 20 years and they DID NOT CARE!!!! If they did, he would have lost in a landslide. 100,000 on Trump's taxes? Well, we had 87,000 wanting Hillary indicted in June, too.

It's amusing to watch this social media generation think that because their limited Facebook world is an echo chamber of validation they somehow think that transfers to the real world. "Wow, we got 100,000 signatures on a petition!" There's more people than that that live within a ten mile radius of my dwelling - that's NOT a lot of people.

Earle makes what I think is the most terrifying point - it most assuredly IS a concern if a foreign power has bought and paid for the President to do things AGAINST our overall national interests. I know, labor unions and corporations buy Presidents all the time but those two groups aren't exactly going to invade the country with armies or launch missile strikes, either.

And Bamaro's rhetorical "what are you trying to hide" really only serves to fuel two groups: the Trump Cult's resistance and the Hillary Cult's defiance. The Clintons were masters of this Trump tax thing here - far better at it than he ever dreamed of being and always following the same pattern: first say you're not going to release something and say something absolutely unbelievable about it; then wait as the demand for documents grows louder and louder and try to hide behind legalities....then after something works its way through either the political system or the courts, defiantly accuse the pursuer of being the one playing politics...and then just as the place of authority demands full accountability, release it right at that time - and while they comb over minor discrepancies that don't really overturn what you said, crow about how this was all politics and vindicates you. They're left holding the bag and you look like a truth teller even when you're lying.

Besides - how many people who are making this demand voted FOR Trump last November? Honest answer? Probably not a single one. And the WH knows this and adopts the Bush 43 position - "I won without them so who cares?" (I've always thought that Jesse Jackson's sudden role reversal about protesting Bush 43 in December 2000 was that someone from the Bush campaign told Jackson, "Hey, we know you had a child out of wedlock so shut your cakehole" - and then leaked it to a tabloid, causing Jackson to admit two days before Bush's inauguration that it was true).

That's the thing here - since Trump won without them, he really doesn't have to answer to this at all. And the press - no doubt - will run with THEIR 'demand' that Trump 'end all the questions swirling' about 'his taxes,' and sure enough he'll turn it on them on Twitter yet again.

I think he should have before he ever ran but so what now.......really.

Here's what we know about his taxes already: he's in the world's wealthiest 1% (probably .01%) regardless of whether he's really a billionaire or not...and he probably didn't pay much in taxes. And it was legal.

Barring the notion of Putin financing his campaign (and aren't those separate documents anyway?), what exactly will we find out that we don't already suspect/know? It's sorta like when Paul Taylor asked Gary Hart if he'd actually nailed Donna Rice. We already knew that he had.....what was the follow-up? Which one was on top during orgasm? Are they real? I mean seriously.

And yes, I know taxes are more relevant than extracurriculars.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Parse his words very carefully. He didn't say the largest crowd in attendance to have witnessed an inauguration. Nevertheless, I don't now if including television and streaming audiences if his statement is even true, and I don't really care.
I have, he did
"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration. Period. Both in person and around the globe."

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I have, he did
No Trump defender but is that statement wrong?

Because it's certainly believable that:
a) because there are more people now
b) there are more ways to watch

well, it's highly likely more people probably DID witness it except I'm sure the ratings in Kenya were a fraction of the last two elections.

That being said - this plays right into Trump's war with the press, who played up the miniscule million spread throughout the US and wants to have it both ways. You can't say 40 million watching something is SMALL and then try to suggest ONE million marching is BIG. It isn't, especially when they're not all in one place.

6.5 million people participated in the 1986 Hands Across America. So what? In a nation of 200 million that's not a lot of folks.

And just one more thing: my suspicion is this call for a march happened because you had a bunch of women with non-refundable airline tickets who thought they were going to be in DC for the Inauguration of the first woman President. Yes - I'm kidding, chuckle.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
It's amusing to watch this social media generation think that because their limited Facebook world is an echo chamber of validation they somehow think that transfers to the real world. "Wow, we got 100,000 signatures on a petition!" There's more people than that that live within a ten mile radius of my dwelling - that's NOT a lot of people.
More than 1.6 million people liked Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" video on Youtube

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.