Petition calling for release of Donald Trump's tax returns reaches 100,000 needed

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
that didn't take long

A petition calling for the immediate release of Donald Trump's tax returns has reached the 100,000 signatures needed to prompt a White House response.

The petition, posted to the White House's official website on Friday, demands for the new President to "immediately release [his] full tax returns, with all information needed to verify emoluments clause compliance."

It states: "The unprecedented economic conflicts of this administration need to be visible to the American people, including any pertinent documentation which can reveal the foreign influences and financial interests which may put Donald Trump in conflict with the emoluments clause of the Constitution."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ax-returns-white-house-response-a7538851.html

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Isn't the "requirement to respond" an Obama Administration self-generated policy? In other words, I wouldn't recommend holding your breath waiting for a Trump Administration response.
it was and I'm not

but it's also not the point, the point is that we should've seen these months ago and he should be held accountable

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
it was and I'm not

but it's also not the point, the point is that we should've seen these months ago and he should be held accountable
Even if Trump did bestir himself to respond, it would probably be the same response the Obama Administration gave to to those four years ago petitioning for the right of secession: "No."

Accountability comes in 2020. I'm thinking there are going to be bigger issues by that time.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Release of tax returns has never been required for office. If the people wanted to see them bad enough they had to opportunity to demand that or to reject Trump like I did. Time to get over it and move on to something meaningful unless you like to waste time and effort.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Release of tax returns has never been required for office. If the people wanted to see them bad enough they had to opportunity to demand that or to reject Trump like I did. Time to get over it and move on to something meaningful unless you like to waste time and effort.
Many would still really like to know what he is hiding.:eek:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
They did, 3 million more of them.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
What could be found on his tax returns that would change the outcome of the election? I assume his tax returns were received and accepted as processed by the IRS. Are any of them currently under an audit?

These people screaming for his tax returns are wanting to find something else to hate the man about and make a last hail mary pass effort to keep him from being president. Much like the folks screaming for Obama's birth certificate. What they will more than likely find is his tax accountant took full advantage of every inch of the tax code that is available to every American citizen regardless of what political party they affiliate with. The rich folks (made up of both republicans and democrats) hire very good tax accountants to dance in the loop holes of the tax code to lower their tax liability. The rich folks have a lot of tax relief built into the tax code. I'm sure Trump's accountants wore them out. But do we really think people like the Clinton's or any other filthy rich liberal didn't have their tax accountant do the same?

The right wingers have handed the left wingers their pearls for them to clutch now. So let the pearl clutching begin.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
What could be found on his tax returns that would change the outcome of the election? I assume his tax returns were received and accepted as processed by the IRS. Are any of them currently under an audit?

These people screaming for his tax returns are wanting to find something else to hate the man about and make a last hail mary pass effort to keep him from being president. Much like the folks screaming for Obama's birth certificate. What they will more than likely find is his tax accountant took full advantage of every inch of the tax code that is available to every American citizen regardless of what political party they affiliate with. The rich folks (made up of both republicans and democrats) hire very good tax accountants to dance in the loop holes of the tax code to lower their tax liability. The rich folks have a lot of tax relief built into the tax code. I'm sure Trump's accountants wore them out. But do we really think people like the Clinton's or any other filthy rich liberal didn't have their tax accountant do the same?

The right wingers have handed the left wingers their pearls for them to clutch now. So let the pearl clutching begin.
According to him, yes, if you can believe him...

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
He should.
He won't.
His foes will never forget.
His supporters will never remember.

The particulars may be different, but the arrogance is eerily familiar.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.