More than one in four fed employees may quit their job because of Trump

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I doubt many are going to quit a job with great benefits unless they have something else lined up. People fully vested taking an early retirement don't count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I have definitely considered mulling opportunities elsewhere because the uncertainty of Trump's thoughts on departmental funding especially in the DoT could hurt funding for contracts we get from state level entities that are using federal subsidies to fund our work.

But to say I'm looking to quit because of Trump is not how I see it. It is more or less reading the room and seeing uncertainty in my job security as a possibility in a year or two since soft money funds my employment by a state entity.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I have definitely considered mulling opportunities elsewhere because the uncertainty of Trump's thoughts on departmental funding especially in the DoT could hurt funding for contracts we get from state level entities that are using federal subsidies to fund our work.

But to say I'm looking to quit because of Trump is not how I see it. It is more or less reading the room and seeing uncertainty in my job security as a possibility in a year or two since soft money funds my employment by a state entity.
Well, if you work for the DOT, your job should be safe. In his acceptance speech, he talked about rebuilding the infrastructure. You should be good to go.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.