Post Game auburn thoughts

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Appreciate the correction on the high school. Was incorrect on that. But I will continue to say Jimmy was just over rated by just a a little bit. Just another example of players from Alabama being over-rated. The basketball in the state of Alabama is just not very good when compared to other parts of the country.
Jimmie played at Greensboro High School, which is south of Tuscaloosa.

From his bio on the team website:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Appreciate the correction on the high school. Was incorrect on that. But I will continue to say Jimmy was just over rated by just a a little bit. Just another example of players from Alabama being over-rated. The basketball in the state of Alabama is just not very good when compared to other parts of the country.
Not any more and it's kind of hard to believe. I remember the great former Louisville coach Denny Crum once saying, "If I could have the top five players in Birmingham I'd win the national championship every year". Not that way any more.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Not any more and it's kind of hard to believe. I remember the great former Louisville coach Denny Crum once saying, "If I could have the top five players in Birmingham I'd win the national championship every year". Not that way any more.
You are right about Bham. An occasional nugget like Bledsoe or Cousins but nothing like the 70's and 80's.

We have 3 in-state players coming in this next class with 5* Petty the most acclaimed so I am hoping Alabama HS basketball is better now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.