White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer blasts the media at first press conference

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This has been an amusing thread. So far, I've heard:

1) Well, he lied, but it's not really important.
2) Well, he lied, but so did the other side for eight years.
3) Well, he lied, but it doesn't matter because he really stuck it to the media.

Look fellows, four years is a long time, particularly given this kind of start. This wasn't just a casual falsehood; this was a stupefying, astounding lie. It was the sort of lie put out by totalitarian regimes, where everyone knows it's a lie, but few dare say it. We haven't reached that point yet, but the Kellyanne being has dropped dark hints again that they may "rethink their relationship with the press." In the past, she's made statements about "consequences" for criticizing Trump. I hope you Trump-lovers are happy with the way things are going. I'm uneasy...

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

3) Well, he lied, but it doesn't matter because he really stuck it to the media.

Look fellows, four years is a long time, particularly given this kind of start. This wasn't just a casual falsehood; this was a stupefying, astounding lie. It was the sort of lie put out by totalitarian regimes, where everyone knows it's a lie, but few dare say it. We haven't reached that point yet, but the Kellyanne being has dropped dark hints again that they may "rethink their relationship with the press." In the past, she's made statements about "consequences" for criticizing Trump. I hope you Trump-lovers are happy with the way things are going. I'm uneasy...
Time to practice your goose step...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Earle, it is apparent you do not understand the reality of alternative facts.:wink:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
The Jumbotron at a Dallas Stars game lied about the attendance of their crowds yesterday, in what was a clear mockery of President Trump’s earlier lie about the size of his inauguration.
The giant screen posted a graphic that said “Tonight’s Attendance: 1.5 million.” The American Airlines Center where the game was being held only holds 20,000 people.

View image on Twitter

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
The Jumbotron at a Dallas Stars game lied about the attendance of their crowds yesterday, in what was a clear mockery of President Trump’s earlier lie about the size of his inauguration.
The giant screen posted a graphic that said “Tonight’s Attendance: 1.5 million.” The American Airlines Center where the game was being held only holds 20,000 people.

View image on Twitter
So you're saying our government's never overinflated numbers before?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Discredit the media. The path to fascism. Excuse me, holding them accountable.
Not replying to just you. Your post is just convenient.

All the panty twisting over bashing the media is amusing. If facts are on your side, the bashing is well-deserved (reference the MLK bust controversy). The media, however, is not discredited if the facts are on their side (reference the controversy over the number of inauguration viewers). Arguing with the press over coverage is nowhere near fascism, not even on the path in my opinion. Even denying certain media outlets access to press conferences and briefings is nowhere near fascism. Some of y'all need a 4-year prescription of Valium.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Watch as America's trust in the president drops to an all-time low if he keeps this nonsense up.
Well like I said earlier.... would expect the president to set the bar for telling the truth and being accurate. Anyone can make a mistake but when you are the world leader you have to do better.

As for the media...they make too much money off sensationalism to change their ways. Not to mention their liberal leanings always influence their reporting.

If you look at the differences in reporting between Trump's entry and Obama's exit from the WH.....you can easily see how Obama was given special treatment and Trump was not. It's as plain as day.

So, I agree.....there's going to be an opportunity for the public's trust to go lower - for both the media and Trump.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
This is not going to end well for Trump. No US president can win a war against the media.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.