Falcons vs Packers

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
A solid and dominating game in all aspects by the Falcons. Julio and Upshaw going to the SHIP!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Julio ends up with 180 yards and 2 TDs on 9 catches....gives credit to his teammates in post game comments. Nice!
As he should, he's a great talent but Pack D was trying to have two guys over him no matter where he was lined up but his teammates made big plays off of those defenses. They played more "straight up" and Julio went to work...that 73-yarder for a TD at the start of the 2nd half was just impressive. Got held like crazy off the snap, still got into his crossing route then out ran their entire back seven to the house.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If The Falcons are ever going to win a SB, they best do it this year, everything seems like it's fallen perfectly into place this year for Atlanta, they've avoided being bit by the injury bug this year & that's huge in a Super Bowl run..They've peaked as a team playing their best football right now as well..It will be a huge task taking out New England, but, I do think they have the offense to do the job & their D is better than what critics says about them..I hope Atlanta finally does it this year..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If The Falcons are ever going to win a SB, they best do it this year, everything seems like it's fallen perfectly into place this year for Atlanta, they've avoided being bit by the injury bug this year & that's huge in a Super Bowl run..They've peaked as a team playing their best football right now as well..It will be a huge task taking out New England, but, I do think they have the offense to do the job & their D is better than what critics says about them..I hope Atlanta finally does it this year..
The major problems facing the Falcons in that matchup is their defense and the patriots defense. Yeah they held arrogant Rodgers but the Packers didn't have an effective running game or a great receivers core. The patriots have both. The Patriots defense is the best scoring defense. The Packers have a terrible defense. I will say right now I'm picking the Patriots 38-28, but the Falcons are more than capable of winning it.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He played with a tore up shoulder most of his freshman year and was dinged up pretty good for stretches of 2009 too.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
The major problems facing the Falcons in that matchup is their defense and the patriots defense. Yeah they held arrogant Rodgers but the Packers didn't have an effective running game or a great receivers core. The patriots have both. The Patriots defense is the best scoring defense. The Packers have a terrible defense. I will say right now I'm picking the Patriots 38-28, but the Falcons are more than capable of winning it.
Yup..The Pats D is on another level than any team Atlanta has faced in the play-off's, like Atlanta's offense is on another level than any team The Pat's D has faced in the play-off's, it's going to be fun watching this Super Bowl as they face off & we see if Atlanta's offense or The Pat's D has enough of an edge to pull out the win..

I won't be surprised if The Pat's adds another SB to their collection, but, I think Matty Ice will finally bring a Super Bowl home to Atlanta winning 34-24

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yup..The Pats D is on another level than any team Atlanta has faced in the play-off's, like Atlanta's offense is on another level than any team The Pat's D has faced in the play-off's, it's going to be fun watching this Super Bowl as they face off & we see if Atlanta's offense or The Pat's D has enough of an edge to pull out the win..

I won't be surprised if The Pat's adds another SB to their collection, but, I think Matty Ice will finally bring a Super Bowl home to Atlanta winning 34-24
I can seriously see it going either way, and that is rare for me because I usually say "it will be a good game but I don't see team X losing". My problems at this point is that it's Matty's first super bowl, and I'm more confident that the Patriots D is more capable of making a key stop or forcing a FG in a shootout than Atlanta.

Should be an epic SB like 49 was.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Julio is an absolute old-school tough, legendary monster beast. Love watching that dude play. He's a FULL GROWN MAN!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Part of me hopes he is able to hang it up before the injuries make his future quality of life....miserable. He's proven that he may be one of the best 2-3 receivers ever.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.