Falcons vs Packers

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I can seriously see it going either way, and that is rare for me because I usually say "it will be a good game but I don't see team X losing". My problems at this point is that it's Matty's first super bowl, and I'm more confident that the Patriots D is more capable of making a key stop or forcing a FG in a shootout than Atlanta.

Should be an epic SB like 49 was.
You make a great point cause Brady & The Pat's have "Been There & Done That", while The Falcons hasn't, can they overcome all media coverage they're about to get & still keep where they're at mentally that's got them to the Super Bowl..

I do think Matty Ice will keep Atlanta at the level of play that's got them to the Super Bowl & will take New England out or I hope so anyways..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I know most folks hate the Patriots. I've liked them because they are so much like the Alabama of the NFL. Anyway, I'm sort of torn as to who to pull for in this Super Bowl. I enjoy seeing history being made, and it would be milestone of historic dominance if the Patriots win. However, I would also love to see Atlanta and Julio win a Super Bowl as well.

I think it should be a great game either way.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'm pulling for the Falcons and Julio. I do NOT like the Patriots and never have. Don't like Brady, don't like Bellichik, don't like anybody on their team except Hightower and Cyrus(If he's even active).
Coach Saban can get wild in a press conference, but at least you can clearly understand what he say's. Bellichik mumbles around and almost whispers and has no enthusiasm at all.
I respect him, how can you not? But I'm Falcons 500%. Go Julio!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm pulling for the Falcons and Julio. I do NOT like the Patriots and never have. Don't like Brady, don't like Bellichik, don't like anybody on their team except Hightower and Cyrus(If he's even active).
Coach Saban can get wild in a press conference, but at least you can clearly understand what he say's. Bellichik mumbles around and almost whispers and has no enthusiasm at all.
I respect him, how can you not? But I'm Falcons 500%. Go Julio!
I like Belichick, but cannot stand crybaby Brady. He and Rodgers cry like little babies when anybody gets near them. I'll be pullin' for the Falcons.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I know most folks hate the Patriots. I've liked them because they are so much like the Alabama of the NFL. Anyway, I'm sort of torn as to who to pull for in this Super Bowl. I enjoy seeing history being made, and it would be milestone of historic dominance if the Patriots win. However, I would also love to see Atlanta and Julio win a Super Bowl as well.

This is PRECISELY how I feel. I like the Patriots because "dynasty respects dynasty." The Falcons are a "feel good" story, Matt Ryan seems like a stand up dude, and it's very fulfilling to see Julio have the success he is. It should be a high scoring, but close game. Either way, I'll be happy with the outcome (barring a blowout or injuries).

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I like Belichick, but cannot stand crybaby Brady. He and Rodgers cry like little babies when anybody gets near them. I'll be pullin' for the Falcons.
Brady has always been overrated to me. I know you can't play what-ifs but if Bledsoe doesn't get hurt then Brady is most likely a Rich Gannon type mercenary QB for his career. For a guy who was given a careersby a late hit by a Jets player, you think Brady would cry less and be thankful what he got.

With that said, this Super Bowl feels like the last time the NFL will see Belichick and Brady on the big stage in their careers. I'm not saying Brady will retire after the Super Bowl, but the longer he players the most suspicious I become to how he is staying relatively healthy in a collision sport. Brady steps away, Belichick will soon follow.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Brady has always been overrated to me. I know you can't play what-ifs but if Bledsoe doesn't get hurt then Brady is most likely a Rich Gannon type mercenary QB for his career. For a guy who was given a careersby a late hit by a Jets player, you think Brady would cry less and be thankful what he got.

With that said, this Super Bowl feels like the last time the NFL will see Belichick and Brady on the big stage in their careers. I'm not saying Brady will retire after the Super Bowl, but the longer he players the most suspicious I become to how he is staying relatively healthy in a collision sport. Brady steps away, Belichick will soon follow.
You can say you hate him, don't respect him, call him a crybaby, think his wife is ugly but to say Brady is overrated is ridiculous.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
You can say you hate him, don't respect him, call him a crybaby, think his wife is ugly but to say Brady is overrated is ridiculous.
One of the more comical things I've read on here. Overrated QBs on good teams win regular season games, they aren't historical top 5 in nearly every QB category and hold multiple postseason/SB QB passing records.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

What if Wally Pipp...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Yeah...as I said, "I don't like him", but I respect the heck out of the guy and he's an absolute proven winner. "Over Rated"? Uh NO.
And by the way, on a football board, like most football fans, when I say I don't "Like" somebody or a coach or a team, it doesn't mean on a personal level. It's strictly from a football perspective.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Gotta pull for Julio. Other than Coach Saban, he was the foundation our current program was built on. The recruit nobody thought we could get. He's special and he has my support.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.